first day of p90x

Options
yay, i did my first night of p90x tonight(with my husband!)

i loved it...but is it weird that i don't feel absolutely exhausted from it?? reading reviews i really thought that i would be feeling ready to collapse straight after...but i feel ok except for a little ache

i exercise alot so im not new to it all...so i want to just make sure i'm doing it right(if that makes sense)

did anyone else finish their first day and not feel absolutely shattered???

Replies

• lotrisneat
    lotrisneat Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Was your first day the shoulders and back? Because I don't think that the weight training workouts are really all that exhausting. I mean, yeah, your muscles burn while you're doing it, but afterwards, I'm just fine. I did arms and shoulders this morning, and sure, I was feeling the burn, but I was just fine right after.
  • blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Options
    LOVE P90X, and find it nergizing. some times I'm sore the next day depending on how hard I push myself, but never feel totally exhausted after
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    yeh it was chest and back.....thankyou so much for your replies!!

i was dead scared i'd 'taken it easy' and wasn't working hard enough to not be feeling it much after

i had a hell of a time with the 'dive bombers' and kept falling flat on my face! lol
  • lotrisneat
    lotrisneat Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I could not do the dive bombers! My hip kept popping. So weird.
  • pkpzp228
    pkpzp228 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    That's cause you didn't bring it ! No really though, I've found that it gets harder as you go. in the beginning you're all stoked and full of energy, after a few weeks the workouts and mostly the diet begins to grind on you hence the recovery week. Keep at it and cut you're kcals if you're in it to lose the weight and I'm sure it will get tougher...

Next should be plyo and that don't kick your butt then maybe you don't really need p90x.