Calories burned?

tramsey14
tramsey14 Posts: 15 Member
edited September 25 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone know how many calories are burned doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred? Level 1, 2, and 3?

Replies

• Had trouble finding that out also...so I just put in circuit training .....General...
  • staceyo1211
    staceyo1211 Posts: 163
    I was wondering the same thing. I started it today!
  • It's hard to know the exact amount of calories burned unless you have a heart rate monitor. Log it as circuit training and it will give you a general idea of how many calories you burn.
  • tramsey14
    tramsey14 Posts: 15 Member
    Thanks I will use general circuit.
  • teracallaway1
    teracallaway1 Posts: 51 Member
    well i was putting at general circuit training for 25 mins and it gave me my calories burned then i got a heart rate moniter and it was pretty close to the same
  • well i was putting at general circuit training for 25 mins and it gave me my calories burned then i got a heart rate moniter and it was pretty close to the same

I've noticed that with almost all my workouts MFP overestimates calories burned, that's just my experience though.
  • smartyart
    smartyart Posts: 9 Member
    I was doing some research and if you have a basic heart rate monitor, this formula is supposed to calculate your calories burned. It's a different equation for females but that information can be found at the link below. Hope this helps.

Compute the calories burned if you're male. You can accomplish this with the following equation: calories burned = (0.2017 x age in years + 0.09036 x weight in pounds + 0.6309 x average heart rate - 55.0969) x elapsed time / 4.184.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/73315-calculate-calories-burned-based-heart/#ixzz1Gu5PNTJa
This discussion has been closed.