Progress Pics AGAIN 105 lbs down

Options

Replies

• breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, You are an inspiration. :-)
  • Chestica
    Chestica Posts: 11
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!! KEEP IT UP!
  • jlaughead
    Options
    I was hoping someone would touch on how much younger she looks, I am going to also.
  • jlaughead
    Options
    You are such an inspiration. Good for you! Thank you for sharing. I have to say, you look YEARS younger. You look your age, younger! I know I don't know you personally but I am so proud of you for setting an example for the rest of the world. Thank you thank you thank you!
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    U LOOK AMAZING!! way to go!! my question to u is... HOW IN THE WORLD DID U GET RID OF THE SKIN?? I ALSO LOST 105 LBS AT ONE POINT, BUT I HAD SKIN JUST EVERYWHERE! u look great! congrats again!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job.....Congrats :flowerforyou:
  • Jon_Rod
    Jon_Rod Posts: 158
    Options
    Amazing...I'm happy for ya :)
  • NattyBo
    NattyBo Posts: 41
    Options
    Fantastic stuff!
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    this is AMAZING!!!!
  • NoWomb4More
    NoWomb4More Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!
  • hedge01
    hedge01 Posts: 11
    Options
    Congrats!!! That's amazing!
  • hannahmayr30
    hannahmayr30 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an inspiration!
  • hannahmayr30
    hannahmayr30 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an inspiration!
  • mom23kids
    mom23kids Posts: 91
    Options
    Great Job! Very inspiring!
  • summadmak
    summadmak Posts: 44
    Options
    Wow you are looking awesome!!!! Way to go!!!! :happy:
  • twogoots
    twogoots Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    This is a wonderful look at how well you have done! Thanks for the inspiration. I'll keep it up knowing you did it, I can do it too. :) What a fab body and attitude you exude.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Thank you all soooo much! :smooched:
    Ok so to answer some questions-

I don't have a "plan" so to speak. I do my best to eat whole foods and avoid processed crap. I'm certainly not a purist when it comes to that but I'd say 90%. I still have my splurges but I never would have made it without them. I never went on a diet. Knowing that this is how I have to live forever really changed my perspective and I look at my calories sort of like a budget. I get x number of dollars to spend and have bills to pay (protien = mortgage, carbs = car payment...) and I use MFP to balance my budget. If I want to splurge I check my account balance and I can "afford it" I go for it. My diary is public- go for it.

As for working out. I'm a fiend. I was really good about marking all of the strength training I do in my exercise journal but I found I was spending almost as much time logging it as I was doing it so I mark it now in the notes as "upper body" "Lower body" "Tough Mudder" "Abs Day" or Cardio. I have been asked about my workout routine and I plan on writing a few blogs with the work outs I do so anyone can try them. I go to a very well stocked gym and come from an athletic back ground. I know my way around the free weights which is probably my biggest "secret to success." I lift HEAVY STUFF. A LOT. I'm not afraid of getting "man muscles" because I'm a girl and that doesn't happen. By throwing around 30+lb dumb bells I now have biceps, crazy awesome back muscles and pecs I can flex (GOOOOOD BYE SAGGY BOOBS!!!) That's how I got toned. I made muscles you can see. Not to mention all of the added benefits, being strong, burning more calories at rest, and preserving bone density and joints!! If you view my diary there's a link to my exercise diary that's also public.

Skin... well I know it looks pretty awesome in the pictures- I thank the sun gods for that. Being tan totally hides the MASSIVE amount of stretch marks. I look like I got in a fight with a tiger from mid belly to mid thigh. It ain't pretty. I do still have loose skin- keeping VERY hydrated, giving my body losing breaks (plateaus) and keeping moisturized (you saw the family sized tub of cocoa butter didn't you now?!) has helped tremendously. If you look closely at the pic where I'm facing forward at the base of my stomach- that should be flat but there's some funky wrinkly skin there... I'm super critical of it but it was brought to my attention that it could be worse; I could be almost 300 pounds again. And when it was put that way, I'll take the wrinkles. :bigsmile:

I'm sorry I couldn't add everyone who requested me but I lurk around the forums some so I'm sure I'll see you there!! I'm glad I can be an inspiration- I owe a pretty major leg of this journey to my MFPee-ers :flowerforyou: and I'll keep you up to date as I get closer to my physical goals. Anyone in Tac-town that wants an *kitten* kicking I'm at the gym every night from 5pm - 8pm. :bigsmile:

Thanks again for the support and the cheers!! It means the world :smooched:

~a
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Oh and what's next?
    Sound to Narrows 12K in June
    Warrior Dash Washington - July
    Warrior Dash Oregon- Sept

Training for the Tough Mudder when they finally come to Washington as well. Oh and getting more better muscle definition. :bigsmile:
  • mollie6986
    mollie6986 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look awesome!!! Such an inspiration tonall the people who feel like giving up!!! Proof that hard work pays off!
  • jeneey
    jeneey Posts: 48
    Options
    You look great! Congrats, I know it's hard work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!