Best HRM

Options
astovey
astovey Posts: 578 Member
I'm about 2 pounds away from a goal where I am going to buy myself a HRM. I just want one that is very accurate and easy to use. What are your faves? Preferably around $150 or less...if possible.

Thanks Ya'll!

Replies

• Nataliethin81
    Options
    Polar are the best in my opinion, the most accurate and well priced. I have the Polar FT4 and it's awesome. I got it on sale for $89!
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    Bump!
  • missyjmet
    missyjmet Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    is the polar FT4 waterproof? i would like to purchase one, but will be using in the pool a lot.
  • astovey
    Options
    Polar FT4 does have great reviews...just looked it up
  • hollie06
    hollie06 Posts: 3
    Options
    If you are wanting just a HRM Polar F7 is great! It tracks HR, Calories, time..etc. I now have a Garmin FR series and love it! It tracks my running and I can use it for general (like strength training), calories, distance, pace, speed, and of course HR. Go to heartratemonitorusa.com for great reviews and help on what will work for you! Good luck and let me know what you choose :)
  • missjojo17
    Options
    I used to have a polar F6 and was looking at replacing it with an FT4 but decided against it because the polars are SO overengineered - you have to press way too many buttons to start, and when I was in an event I found it difficult to get an accurate time. Also I had to press too many buttons to then get the display I wanted, and it was bulky and ugly to boot (i.e. very functional looking). I ended up going with a SUUNTO M4 which I absolutely love - it has a more comfortable strap, an easy to read display, very simple to use, and it looks feminine. The only bummer is that to upload your workouts to the computer you need another gadget called a movestick which was another $80 or so.

cheers

Miss Jojo
  • phitme
    phitme Posts: 124
    Options
    I have had 2 Polar HRMS (the F4 & the F6) and have loved both of them. The F6 is still rocking right along but I have had my eye on the FT4.
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Save your money. They're a gimmick.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    anything Polar, i have the F7 and love it!
  • astovey
    Options
    Thanks for the input!