Season change insanity?

Options
I don't know if anyone else gets this, but I think I'm having it right now. Spring is just beginning to hit here in northern Alberta, this is our first day above zero in about 2 months, and it's the only thing I can think of that is making me feel like the nutcase I have been the last couple days.

Not only is it killing my diet, I just want to eat, despite the fact that this should be my "hello, summer is on it's way!" Wake up call, it's not haha, but I just feel strange!

Anyone else get this? What do you do?

Replies

• FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    We just got some sun for the first time in a long time . . . and I thought I was going to lose it on those last couple of cold days! Good news is we have about a week of great weather and sunshine ahead of us!
  • fitnessfoodtravel
    fitnessfoodtravel Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I have talked to a few people, and it seems like we are all battling with the munchies. I balance listening to my body and being moderate. If you need to eat, try to eat things that are low in calories. I have been eating a lot of cucubmer, jicama, and peppers. I have found that adding half a scoop of protein powder to my shake has kept me from craving sweets before my mid-morning meal.
    Good luck! Enjoy the weather!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    We've had a pretty crazy winter for us. 40 inches of snow in January alone. Sooooo much shoveling. This week we've had dreary, rainy weather and my energy is just zapped when that happens, unless it's warm and rainy so I can open the windows to get fresh air.

Today, it was sunny, not a cloud in the sky. I felt amazing. Spent the day on our deck with my 3 pups. Doesn't do anything to my appetite though. I put in my exercise and it bumped my number up to 2,095 cals for the day. Had to get creative to get my cals. Wine helped a bit haha.
  • sherri31
    sherri31 Posts: 80
    Options
    Im northern Alberta too. Where abouts are you. It was a gorgeous day. I have recently gone a little on the crazy side. haha
  • Go_Lise
    Go_Lise Posts: 151
    Options
    Not only is it killing my diet, I just want to eat, despite the fact that this should be my "hello, summer is on it's way!" Wake up call, it's not haha, but I just feel strange!

Anyone else get this? What do you do?

Right here! I'm actually HUNGRIER!
  • SmellyMelly13
    Options
    Im northern Alberta too. Where abouts are you. It was a gorgeous day. I have recently gone a little on the crazy side. haha

I'm in Grande Prairie, it was fabulous today, +4, sunny almost all day (and of course thanks to DST it's STILL sunny haha), the roads are finally starting to melt, it's great! But something has to be messing with me, because normally I'm a very stable mellow person, and yesterday a little, but mostly today I've felt like a total head case! I'm a bigger weirdo than usual... And the munchies are killing me haha.

I think the season change is a good place to put the blame for some temporary insanity. :D