Ok I just need help!!

Options
I just joined MFP last Tues. In a week I lost a total of 5lbs, which made my day. Before I started using MFP I thought I was eating ok and I was exercising, yet i wasn't seeing any changes on the scale. Well, once I seen exactly how many calories I was eating, I realized that I was eating horribly. So the first day I was over my calories of 1540 which is what I set for myself because I want to lose at least 2lbs a week. My starting weight was 249 and now I'm 244. So I've been working out like crazy lately. On Monday I only ate a little over 1300 calories, and I burned 922. So I ended up with over 1000 calories left to be eaten at the end of the day, and I wasn't hungry. Yesterday I burned a little over 1000 calories and ate only 1888 for the day. Today I burned just 676 and have eaten almost 1500 calories. Am I eating enough, or should I be eating more of my exercise calories. I really don't know enough about nutrition to make healthy choices. Someone please help.

5508299.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'm under the impression (at least this is what I go by) that you would eat the calories you've burned through exercise only if you are looking to maintain your current weight - otherwise as in my case, I am trying to lose not maintain so I don't eat the calories I burn I leave them alone - I stick to my daily calories as close as possible and I've been seeing real progress.

Hope that helps! =)
  • debrnmedic
    Options
    I agree, I think you should stick to the calories that you have set up for weight loss. Of course you don't want to go to far under those weight loss amounts and keep exercising like you're doing because then you won't be fueling your body and you will actually slow your metabolism down.

But it sounds like MFP has gotten you on the right track and you're seeing results, which is good and INSPIRING. Keep up the good work.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I eat my exercise calories some days, and I don't others. I've been losing about two pounds a week. I stress more about NOT going over than not getting enough.
  • ndking21
    ndking21 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank yall for the advice.Hopefully, I'll see more weight loss in the week to come.