Loss of Motivation...

Options
Someone PLEASE help!! It's thursday, and I have worked out for a total of 20 minutes this week.....

My computer broke, and since I wasn't able to get on the computer, I lost all of my motivation....

My eating has been BAD....

And I haven't been exercising.... I Know that if I fall off the bandwagon now, I will never get back on....

Someone please give me some words of inspiration... I really need it.

Replies

• randi50
    randi50 Posts: 112
    Options
    you just have to keep going! TOM showedup and as I am sure you know it is hard to want to work out or not eat chocolate ;0) lol But my 16 lb loss is keeping me going! You can do it!
  • JuneGem6471
    JuneGem6471 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I know just how you feel! Well let's see....words of inspiration...

If you don't do something nice for yourself....who will!!??

Sorry I'm outta my grove, that's all I got lol.
  • JuneGem6471
    JuneGem6471 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I know just how you feel! Well let's see....words of inspiration...

If you don't do something nice for yourself....who will!!??

Sorry I'm outta my grove, that's all I got lol.
  • StabR80
    StabR80 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I see you have a wedding coming up def gotta get fit for that! ? You can do this! start slow up your water and take a few less bites oat meals. While watching tv if you have an exercize ball (or just get on the floor) do some crunches, leg lifts squates ect. a little every day is better than nothing! Good Luck to you, You can!
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    I just look at the success stories on here and I just know that I'll be one of them someday. They're very inspirational! When I feel down, that's where I go.
  • anetamlynski
    Options
    Here is some motivation - I am 3 pounds in and I noticed you are down 9 pounds! That is awesome. I wish I had your willpower! Keep it up! You are my new idol!
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    In the past week, I backslid and gained 5 pounds. I felt like absolute crud, because it was preventable. Don't do that to yourself. If you don't have access to a computer, write down everything that you've eaten by hand. This week's motivation for me?

"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
    ...- George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily." --Zig Ziglar

I hope that that helps you as well. In the end, no one can do this for you and if you really want it, you'll do it.
  • StabR80
    StabR80 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    at meals... lol not oat meals
  • watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya sister.. I'm lookin for my lost motivation as well... (sigh) Not really sure where to find it.. I've been stressin at work, eating badly and not exercising for a couple weeks now.. really really need my positive energy back.. I think I may try to mix it up a bit and try something different for a while, maybe getting back into hot yoga (it's been years) or hiking, if the the weather clears a bit.. Maybe it's the boredom, or maybe it's the willpower I am lacking.. hmmm

I hope you find your motivation soon!
  • mmiley1111
    mmiley1111 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Please don"t quit. I know this week has been bad but you just pick yourself up and start over tomorrow. We are no different than someone who has a drinking or drug problems. Our problem is food and it can be just as bad as the others. we have to start each day off with one foot in front of the other and if we have a bad day we just get back on the horse and try again tomorrow . The more we try the easier it gets and the better we do. I had three weeks where I could not work out due to being sick and hurting my knee . SO I started back over this week and have worked out everyday except one and have done good with my keeping track of my food . I don't know if I have helped but please don't quit. Just start over and take it one hour at a time then work your way up to one day at a time and so forth...
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    choices have consequences so choose the right
  • Labcoathipster
    Options
    I had a very similar day today. Completely lost my motivation. But then i got on here, and saw how great everyone was doing and I realized how many people are here to support me if I need it.

Don't get down on yourself, it's never too late to get a workout in, so don't feel like a failure. Sometimes life just gets in the way.

So take twenty minutes for yourself, calm down and gather your strength. Then go out there and kick some butt! You'll feel so great once you get over that first big hump of the week workout.

Good luck and stay strong! And remember, you have all of us out here on the interweb rooting for you!
  • gburkhart2
    gburkhart2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Every single one of us on here can think of a thousand reasons to not count our calories or to not exercise.

You only need to think of one to stay motivated. Mine are my kids.

We all fail and that's okay. I didn't work out today. Am I pissed about that? Sure. You think I'm going to work out tomorrow? Nope. I have "other things" to do. But you'd better bet on me getting right back to it on Saturday.

This isn't about a day, a week, a month or even a year. This is about your life. Want a healthy one. NEED a healthy one.

Most of all, don't ever be down or depressed. This is hard and sometimes downright frustrating, but eating good/exercising good leads to looking good and looking good usually leads to feeling good. So feel good about yourself, smile and keep on keeping on!
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Okay sweety I know that its hard. The first thing I want you to know is that you aren't alone. This whole site is people who want to lose weight and I bet 90% of them have fallen off the wagon at least once. I have fallen off several times. Right now I am pregnant and can't really do much right now. It sucks. You gotta ask yourself "am I in this 100%?" "How do I want to see myself?" I know that I want to see myself healthy and able to do things that I can't do because I am over weight. What have you left out of your life that you really want because of your weight? Think of those things. Think of your husband and your future family.

I know you can do this. Just take it one day at a time. Thats what I have to do. I am trying to eat healthy and maintain and its a battle every single day so I just try to eat right for today. I wish that I knew exactly what to tell you. I can really only sympathize and tell that it sucks. If you need to talk just send me a message. :flowerforyou:
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    How about joining a group of us that just started a challenge today which goes to mid June... just as summer is starting :o) . I had gotten a little lazy too but this challenge is revving me up and by the looks of it, a lot of other people feel the same way.

TOPIC: 12 Weeks Till Summer Challenge (Starting 3/17/11)
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have 2 mental pictures that keep me motivated. The first is of me having my chest cracked open for a bypass! I don't have a good family history for heart disease and I was 70 lbs over weight. The second is having my shirt off at the beach and looking good! The first is my main motivation and the second is the frosting on the cake!
  • SivirSarah
    Options
    You can do this. Just the other day i saw that you had a really big calorie burn workout and that really inspired me to workout harder that day. Remember why you want this. Have the "drill sergeant" in your head kick you off the couch on comercials and do some push ups or sit ups. Just try and keep yourself doing something. Take a walk, clean the house, play with the kids. Whatever you can do. Remember we are here for you. :)
  • WanderLaura
    WanderLaura Posts: 135
    Options
    Thank you so much, guys! This is exactly why I love this sight!! I was feeling down, and all of you just fill me up with hope! :):):)