New guy here!

Options
Hello everbody!

Just wanted to stop in here and introduce myself! I'm currently 277.8 lbs down from 292.3 lbs. I'm tring to make my way down to around 175. I have completely cut out soda which was the hardest thing. For the past 10 years that is all I have drank. Today is day 9 without the stuff.

I quit smoking almost a year ago now and just really want to get in shape and become an all around healthier person.

Replies

• waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! Wow! You have been making some serious lifestyle changes. GREAT JOB!!! And keep up the good work!
  • jmmccall
    jmmccall Posts: 19
    Options
    Great Job...it takes a lot of strenghth to give up soda and smoking...Congrats!!:smile:
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I started last June at 263.5. Today I'm at 194. My goal is 190 but I think another 15 will be added to that. I cut soda out too and have only had a few since then. Be consistent and patient through the plateaus and you'll be fine.
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    Awesome for you!!! I quit smoking in Sept of 2009 and it's been an interesting journey so far. I also gave up the soda but not completely. I sometimes will have one with dinner but with all the water I drink now, I never finish a can. I'm finding that when I have to pick up a wasted can of soda and toss it, I feel even more accomplished! G'luck to you! Feel free to add me as a friend. We could all use a little extra support.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    welcome.. and a HUGE congrats on giving up those habits! They are.. literally, life changing!
  • derkacs
    derkacs Posts: 19
    Options
    Keep it up! Kicking out the ciggs in your life is a huge step itself! Try to stay away from the soda though, you stay off that for an entire year without exercise and you could probably easily drop atleast 30 lbs. But try exercising a little with what your currently doing, and youll be so happy..you will realize what you lost..you really don't want back! Take a walk here and there, when you park to go places..take a little further than usual spot, take the stairs instead of an elevator, snack on some veggies, and you will easily lose pounds quickly! Substituting small things like that can easily add up to burning an extra 500 calories a day!
  • dr1981
    dr1981 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great job, amigo! I've gone from 265 to 203 currently and am trying ti get to around 180ish myself! stick around! there is a ton of useful information here!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    awesome. two of the hardest vices to eliminate. i know from experience!
  • mbrown0619
    Options
    WOW! Thanks for all the kind words, even so late. Also for the out pour of friend requests!
  • FindingHufflepuff
    Options
    I've given up soda too! It's not as hard as I expected but every time I'm at school or the gas station I have to stop and remember not to grab it...
  • dgnagy
    dgnagy Posts: 19
    Options
    WTG! Looks like you are making excellent progress. I haven't cut soda completely, but am down to two cans a day -- and they are diet.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome! and well done on your loss so far! :smile:
  • X_C_X
    X_C_X Posts: 14
    Options
    Hey welcome, well done on the weight loss so far xxx