Late night snack ideas?

Options
Anyone know some healthy snack ideas that are very low in carbs, sugar, fat, and calories..?

Replies

• CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    Add me and take a peek into my food diary... might help.
  • alazarus
    alazarus Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Air-popped popcorn.

Seriously invest in an air-popper! It's not even a huge investment-- maybe like $15... But it's SO worth it!
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    add me and use my diary to too:)
  • mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Air-popped popcorn.

Seriously invest in an air-popper! It's not even a huge investment-- maybe like $15... But it's SO worth it!

<3 Air pop corn. however not low in carbs. I do carrots or cucumbers in lime and chili powder alot :)
  • synpax
    synpax Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Dill Pickle Spears. I eat about 5-6 of them. They are 5 calories of nothing each. Some of them rate as zero calories.
  • PrivateDancer
    PrivateDancer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I echo the Air - popped pop corn but I spray it with a little "I can believe it's not butter " spray.
    And also sprinkle on a little Kernel Season's popcorn seasonings. They have it in Butter, Kettle Corn, White Cheese and Nacho Cheese flavors(the only place I have been able to find it is at wal-mart). I can't get enough of the popcorn and it gives you fiber.
  • derkacs
    derkacs Posts: 19
    Options
    I gotta get an air popper it seems.. I did hear once popcorn is a great fiber snack.. But I don't think before bed..

I decided to go with some carrots ..

And the pickle spears are good and low caloric but very high in sodium! Watch out!
  • edr2b
    edr2b Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I GET OFF WORK LATE & I HAVE LIKE 500 CALORIES LEFT TO EAT SO KRYSTAL'S SOUNDS SO GOOD BUT I KNOW IT IS SO BAD..SOMEONE RESCUE ME QUICK..TRYING TO THINK OF SOMETHING FILLING BUT NOT A LOT OF CALORIES
  • alazarus
    alazarus Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    edr2b,

500 calories is like another meal! Try a turkey sandwich on wheat bread with spinach and cheese?
  • synpax
    Options
    There is no scientific evidence that sodium is bad for you.
  • AScarbrough19
    AScarbrough19 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You don't even need an airpopper. I use a lunch size brown paper bag, cover the bottom with the popcorn kernels then tape the bag closed. Pop in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Listen for it to slow popping to avoid burning it. It is the same thing as air popped. This is one of my main go to snacks!
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    There is scientific evidence that taking in high amounts of sodium is bad for you. It is found to be directly linked to hypertension, not to mention the fact that it makes you dehydrated so you hold in water for protection. But who wants extra water weight and heart disease anyways?
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    Fresh fruits and veggies are what I reach for first. I also like cottage cheese and cucumbers together, but I always have to plan ahead for that due to the sodium content. Raw nuts are good, too!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    air popcorn has my vote!
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    the kettle corn popcorn is tasty and less caloric 40 each cup. I like to eat laughing cow cheese (35cal)spread on 2 celery (20cal) . You can spread it also on a serving of saltine crackers about 50 cal. Pickles are great too.
  • synpax
    Options
    @gymnast2010 - No, that isn't correct. The link between salt and hypertension is tenuous at best.

Further, you are absolutely incorrect that salt dehydrates you. If it dehydrated you, it wouldn't be every sports drink on the market.

You probably should stop posting medical advice. The reason people have trouble losing weight and being healthy is that people like you are spreading false information around.