Weighing Yourself

Options
I just wanted to know how often people weigh themselves? I used to weigh myself EVERYDAY but that gets very frustrating if you see the number go even slightly up. I've started weighing myself only twice a week now and love it sooo much more. I don't get as frustrated looking at the numbers on a daily basis!!

Replies

• aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I do once a week
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I do once a week
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    I do once a week
  • Aylilth
    Aylilth Posts: 125
    Options
    Once every 4 weeks here

I'm trying to lose yes but gets frustrating with lots to lose and always checking so once a month is good. I would rather go by how my cloths look and feel :wink:
  • Idahoheartmom
    Options
    I do once a week
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I weigh when I feel skinny. :laugh:

But I record it once a week, usually. ;)
  • tho0505
    tho0505 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was doing it each day at night, I find I'm the heaviest at night though since I intake alot of water after exercise and a full meal. Don't let the weight fluctuation deter you though, I was frustrated the first month at least. Now I'm really seeing the benefits of tracking my meals and tracking my exercise.
  • puertoricanlady18
    puertoricanlady18 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I DO ONE A WEEK. I USED TO DO ONCE A MONTH, BUT WITH THE HELP OF MFP ... I UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE OF AT LEAST WEIGHING MYSELF ONCE A WEEK.. HOPE THIS HELPS! :)
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    Every Saturday morning...After I use the bathroom and before I eat/drink anything.
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    So far Im on day 17 and well Ive never weighed myself expect when I go to the doctor. I dont own a scale. I figure once I lose the weight it will show. Im gonna take a picture once a month to see the changes. For me I dont believe its about the number its about being healthy
  • OhItsOn
    OhItsOn Posts: 36
    Options
    I actually find it is better --- For Me --- if I only weigh myself once or twice a month. I find it far better to gauge how I'm doing by how my clothes fit. That being said... I currently have a bet going (for motivation more than anything) with a co-worker to see who can lose 15 lbs first. I found myself stepping on the scale every day and it was so frustrating and misleading. My weight fluxuates 3-5 lbs on a daily basis. :noway: So, I had to put the scale up. I think once a week is o.k. --- any more than that and you might drive yourself insane. smile. I know I did. :explode:

I record my weight for MFP on the 1st and 16th of every month (twice a month); I record my measurements once a month (because my friend tells me I should / will be happy I did) and I take a fitness test once every 3 months. That is my favorite. It really shows improvement.

However, I have some friends who are helping to keep me accountable and I check in with them like clockwork every Thursday, so technically... I suppose I do weigh myself quite a bit. Oh well.... Just don't drive yourself crazy. I say no more than once a week. Just make sure to weigh yourself the same time of day, etc... I prefer in the morning with little to no clothes. (Usually, my PJs or wrapped up in a towel after my shower ---- but that's just me. :wink:

Find what works for you, without getting obsessive.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    A couple or three times a week, one is usually "official", the others are just to gauge where i'm at.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I need to get back into the once a week thing. I have been getting on daily & been discouraged. I fluctuate so much, depending on the time of the month even. Ugh.
  • ameaston22
    Options
    I have to admit, I step on the scale every single morning before my shower just to see where I am at. I do only officially weigh myself once a week though (every Saturday)
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I do once a week