Hi! I am new and my name is Joe.

Options
Hi! I am new and my name is Joe. I recently got an iphone and found the app for the site in the app store. Needless to say I am hooked. I am 6'0" and 180 lbs. I decided to use this app and site to help me keep track of what I eat. I like the charts and progress graphs. I like the fact that there are lots of foods in the database. I am still figuring everything out but I like what I see so far.

I would like to know if anyone knows how to make the foods that I add appear in all meal categories not just the ones I add them in. For example, if I use 2% State Bros Milk in my cereal for breakfast and decide one day that I want a glass with my lunch, shouldn't I be able to see all the ingredients I have used for all meals no matter what meal I am in? I tend to eat a lot of the same foods across meals - you know eggs, mikl, breads, etc It would be nice to just have 1 main list of all the foods I use whether I have added them or found them in the database.

Same goes for the recipes. If I add a new recipe, it would be nice if I could just start by picking from all of the foods I use rather than having to re-search the database for the incredients one by one. After all, my refrigerator is pretty much stocked with the same food.

Thanks for doing a good job and keep up the good work! .

Replies

• Delphi
    Delphi Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Welcome. And all your foods are there. If you are adding something to lunch and you don't see it listed just hit the recent foods tab and it will be there and will be added. :)
  • JonDurf
    JonDurf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is get all the foods you use most often added to the "your foods" sections. Then once they are in there you can just pick what you ate out of that section. And if you need to make it easier, use your name in front of their titles so you know they are the ones you added and not ones someone else put in which may be different that yours. That is what I do. Anybody else have a better plan?

Welcome Joe, good luck and have fun.
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    Hi Joe, Welcome aboard, have a great time on your journey. Good Luck and enjoy! :flowerforyou:
  • josephishak
    Options
    Thanks @Delphi, @JonDurf and Kiwijay for the advice, feedback and props. I really appreciate it! =)