Sport bras??

Options
what sports bras are you wearing? I feel like I'm not getting enough support I need to wear two sports bras at a time because my breast will hurt with the jumping and running or whatever I'm doing. Sometimes I wear my normal bra and a sports bra on top of it... I think I have average boobs 36c so I dont know. How much do you spend on sports bras?

Replies

• amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    i was thinking of asking a similar question but was sort of embarrased. lol i am very big on top and its hard to find one i usually just wear a regular but i really need a sports bra
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Target has a brand C9 by Champion. They are a bit pricey but they keep the girls from bouncing around and are moisture friendly! I am a 34 B just to give you an idea! Good luck!
  • monjo80
    monjo80 Posts: 5
    Options
    omg i was in stores today trying them and none felt like they gave the support needed. I have couple of Nike ones which i had gotten from Kohls, i think i wud have to go back there on Sat and its so imp for peeps like us ..
  • bribra34
    bribra34 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm a 36D and have to wear two sports bras. I agree, though with a previous poster. Target has pretty good sports bras, and in cute colors, too!

Just make sure whatever you buy is fairly tight to hold them in. :)
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I have some no frills cotton ones from fruit of the loom - what I do is order a size down and wear a bra underneath - probably overkill but it keeps my 36Ds in place :)

These are the ones I mean:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fruit-of-the-Loom-3-Pack-Tank-Style-Sport-Bras-Style-9012/8204896
  • OhItsOn
    OhItsOn Posts: 36
    Options
    I do like the Champion C9 line.... good for compression & quite affordable. However, for those of us gals who have A Lot going on up top and plan on doing some major movement &/or need some major containment... then I'd suggest Enell bras. They aren't cute but they keep the girls stable/in place. No pain from bouncing around... that's for sure. They are expensive, but worth it.

It really depends upon how much support you need... how little movement you want.

Good luck!

http://www.enell.com/
  • jsmjboertlein
    Options
    I'm a 36a and even I double up. Even these tiny nuggets kill when they are jounced around. I also like target's the best.
  • r99samigrl
    Options
    If you are anywhere near a Hane's Outlet, they carry Champion sports bras at a reasonable price. I am a 34DD and I have managed to find supportive bras there for about $15-20. I think they might also have a website for the outlet, but I am not sure. Hope that helps!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I'm envious of all of you...I wear a 38DDD and never quite find anything affordable that works as a really supportive sports bra except a minimizer...which has underwire that digs into my skin...it's frustrating. I was a "normal" size 36B for my entire adult life until I gained weight about 10 years ago...even as I've lost weight I don't seem to lose it in the chest lol...
  • Life0nMars86
    Life0nMars86 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    hahaha @ photogrrl...I feel the same way, I too am a 38DDD...I can barely find a regular bra to fit (esp one that doesnt absolutely KILL my neck n shoulders after only a couple of hours of wearing it) nevermind a sports bra....I usually just use any random bra that I have (thats usually too tight) and put the 1 sports bra that I own over it, it's sum kinda stretchy Champion brand...but it's not cotton. And it still def doesn't give me the support I need, I still end up hurting n just ughhhh....

5603738.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • xomakaxo
    xomakaxo Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Just a head's up, I've been finding Champion, New Balance, Nike, Reebok, Moving Comfort and other brands at Ross! Check there first! Some of the ones I've seen are over $25 online and were only $7 at Ross! I found them in the sportswear section, not the bra n undie section, though they did have like 2 sports bras in that area too.
  • thek
    thek Posts: 4
    Options
    To all you ladies with crazy big boobs... the only sports bra I have EVER found that holds the girls in place is Donna Karan. It has an underwire but that's actually good because it prevents the dreaded uniboob and doesn't poke. My normal bra is a 38DDD but the DD works just fine. It's not a cheap bra.... but it totally lasts so maybe in the long run it is cheaper. I found mine at Nordstrom.
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I love the Danskin ones from walmart!! And they are cheap $11! But they provide great support. I own three of them, and they have different styles too. I know for the money it wouldn't seem like they are good, but they have been the best ones I've tried!
  • mcdlinz
    mcdlinz Posts: 3
    Options
    hey. i know exactly what you all mean. I am a 34G and sports bras are mad to find. I found mine at www.boobydoo.com
    I have had it a year and a half now, and its still supporting me well. I never hurt after running and jumping and yoga, and have not knocked myself out once! haha
    i paid about £30 for it but it was definitely worth every penny and more.
    Hope this helps.
    LJ
  • mlally1014
    mlally1014 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I also like the C9 bras at Target. I am a 34 DD and have no problem with these bras. I have used them for running, kick boxing, and Insanity just for an example. I highly recommend them
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I am a 30G, and the only one that gives me proper support is the Freya underwired sports bra. It is miles better than any of the others I have tried for big breasted women.
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have a larger chest as well. The only sports bras that give me enough support are Under Armor. Unfortunetly they are 44 bucks but I need it!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i really like the debenhams own one. Really firm support.

Is the sizing for the Freya one the same as for their other bras?
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I really like Shock Absorber brand of sports bras. I am a 36G and they have a great size selection for the bustier gals. They are hard to find in the US so I have to order them online but so worth having a supportive bra that actually fits!!