The biggest loser...????

Options
would like to know how the biggest loser Australia can only eat the following each day and exercise the way they do?
Breakfast
3/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
3/4 cups of strawberries
3/4 cup cantaloupe
3/4 cups grapes
9 raw almonds

snack
1/2 no fat yogurt
3 raw almonds

lunch
6 cups lettuce
4 cherry tomato
90gm tuna
1 cup cucumber

dinner
90gm grilled chicken breast
1 cup green beans
1.3 cups broccoli
3 cups bok choy

how is this possible????
is this healthy?
its 766 cals for the whole day......

Replies

• EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Even without the exercise I think it's unhealthy
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    goes against everything people advise on here, weird isnt it :ohwell:
  • kgarza810
    kgarza810 Posts: 37
    Options
    wow... doesnt seem like much.
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    :happy: its crazy, good luck with the twins...
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    WOW, it's no wonder they drop so much weight so fast on those sorts of shows! That coupled with the massive amounts of training they do I now understand! It's totally unrealistic!
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    P.S I wonder how many of them put an amount of the weight back on after the show finishes!
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many of them get brittle bones and lighter organs as a result ...
  • kvossandrews
    Options
    love the cruise ship....

I dont understand how they can do it. I thought your body goes into starvation mood and does not drop
  • muppetkeeper
    muppetkeeper Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi, where did you get the food diary from?

I know in the UK biggest loser, one of the trainers was thrown off the programme as they advised the contestants to eat too little for 1 day!!

I have seen the Australian version though, and it is more hardcore than the UK one

Moose
  • kvossandrews
    Options
    Hi, where did you get the food diary from?

I know in the UK biggest loser, one of the trainers was thrown off the programme as they advised the contestants to eat too little for 1 day!!

I have seen the Australian version though, and it is more hardcore than the UK one

Moose

It was on last night show. I checked and doubled checked it. I cant see how it is possible, Im sure there is many people that will try and do this and I dont think it is right..........
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    If you have such amounts of weight to lose like the people in such shows, then you will drop weight, eating that less, no matter if starvation mood or not, just because your body has no other chance to survive. But it's definitely not healthy. With all the exercise they are doing they never get enough fat, carbs and protein to give their bodies what they need. Doing something like this for a longer time can cause a lot of damage.
    Just thinking about people trying it, just because they have seen it in TV and hurting themselves without even knowing, maybe even thinking they do something good, makes me sick.
  • kvossandrews
    Options
    If you have such amounts of weight to lose like the people in such shows, then you will drop weight, eating that less, no matter if starvation mood or not, just because your body has no other chance to survive. But it's definitely not healthy. With all the exercise they are doing they never get enough fat, carbs and protein to give their bodies what they need. Doing something like this for a longer time can cause a lot of damage.
    Just thinking about people trying it, just because they have seen it in TV and hurting themselves without even knowing, maybe even thinking they do something good, makes me sick.

That is for sure....its not good..
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I was stunned watching it last night I though how could anyone train like they do and eat that little. I wonder if that was just for a few days to get the black girls losing again.
  • RachelHancock
    Options
    when you are really big you just have to drop weight, once you've dropped the weight you can start the real work of making your body strong. There's no point starting a muscle building eating plan when your goal is to drop 100lbs, get 60lb off then think about what to eat to improve your body.

the weight they are carrying is much worse than their diet to drop it off
  • rjp3399
    rjp3399 Posts: 9
    Options
    Don't they fill them with those stupid meal replacement drinks aswell ? either way its not right might as well just give them a couple of weight loss pills as well, but then again who would tune in to see a 1-2 lb a week weight loss ?, its all about the viewing figures not helping people to lose weight, the big corporate marketing machine is just working out more ways to sucker people in. :-(

Its like smoking if you don't want to give up you won't, so if you don't really want to loose weight you won't there is no magic pill or meal replacement that will combat determination and a healthy diet combined with exercise.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I bet you they are also on hcg..... soo gross!
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I don't watch much TV, but maybe if you have loads of fat, you can afford to start out with a harsh regime to get things moving, the body has plenty in reserve... this week I am trialing the exercise before you eat theory, to see if that aids fat burning - boy am I hungry after a 10k treadmill burn!