Healthy Choice

Options
I was curious as to what everyones 'frozen meal' of choice is? Also, what is your favorite brand? I find myself gravitating towards Smart Ones, however I had a Healthy Choice Frozen Chicken parm today that was FABULOUS! It had a side of Brocolli and also a small 'apple cobbler'. That little bit of sweet totally cured my 'after meal sweet craving'. LOL

Replies

• mady2806
    mady2806 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've actually had the healthy choice bowls and I thought they were great but I've had the smartones and lean cuisines too. I will say though that smartones have more sodium in them than the other ones.
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice makes Steamers- they are amazing! They are the only ones I have found that have alot of taste and you are not hungry 30 minutes later! If you are looking for a sweet for after- healthy choice also makes a great 90 calorie premium fudge ice cream bar- they are 95% fat free and are the most amazing frozen chocolate treat I have ever had! They have helped so much to stay away from everything else!
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    When i do actually get them, I prefer the steam ones from healthy choice, or the lean cuisine ones. I never really liked smart one dinners though

My favorite is probably the veggie Asian potstickers from healthy choice.. Really nips any cravings for actual Chinese food in the bud!
  • kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    If you are looking for a sweet for after- healthy choice also makes a great 90 calorie premium fudge ice cream bar- they are 95% fat free and are the most amazing frozen chocolate treat I have ever had! They have helped so much to stay away from everything else!

I'll def. have to try these!
  • lacybolton
    Options
    I love the steamers as well. The General TSO's Chicken is awesome!
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Health Choice Cafe Steamers! Mmmmmm Roasted red pepper alfredo is my FAVORITE and very filling!
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm a Lean Cuisine person myself although I've been trying to make my lunches more. Some of the lunches make my stomach hurt afterward.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I avoid frozen meals as much as possible, but if I have to get one, I get Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice. I avoid them because they are CHOCK FULL of sodium. That being said, I'm more likely to just quickly stir-fry a bag of veggies (the ones without sauce) and eat them over some minute rice with some Mrs. Dash before heating up a frozen entree.
  • kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    I avoid frozen meals as much as possible, but if I have to get one, I get Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice. I avoid them because they are CHOCK FULL of sodium. That being said, I'm more likely to just quickly stir-fry a bag of veggies (the ones without sauce) and eat them over some minute rice with some Mrs. Dash before heating up a frozen entree.

Totally understand. I need to keep 'quick stir-fry' veggies on hand along with minute rice. That would be super good! Thanks for the hint :wink:
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    i mostly eat the lean cuisine meals but i like the healthy choice steamers i try not to have more then 1 or 2 frozen meals a week tho because of the sodium unfortunately bein a busy mom that means my lunches are usually a turkey sandwich with carrots and a yogurt for dessert or a salad from a restaurant
  • julesandrich
    julesandrich Posts: 188 Member
    Options

Great idea with the rice and stir fry veggies....I avoid the frozen meals as much as possible as well (sodium is too high for me) but I sometimes am stumped on a quick healthy alternative. Thanks for the idea.:smile:
  • kamae
    kamae Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    As far as frozen meals go...The Kashi ones are DELICIOUS! :) Def worth trying.
  • Dizzyone825
    Options
    My favorite seem to be lean cuisine.. I especially like the steamer ones.. Sooo good! I do like the healthy choice steamer bowls too.. Especially great since I am catholic and it's lent . I can only have one meat meal a day and lean cuisine makes awesome fish meals :)