MFP Runner's Club October 6th

Options
I ran 7.25 miles today. I just missed all the big rain that we had. About a 1/2 mile till i got home i stepped in a huge puddle! yuck! happy running to all

Replies

• areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I ran 7.25 miles today. I just missed all the big rain that we had. About a 1/2 mile till i got home i stepped in a huge puddle! yuck! happy running to all
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hello runners!! I'm taking the week off from running. I was able to do 5 miles on Sat, but my leg ended up swollen & hurting by Sat night. I'm going to be smart and just elliptical for a few days. I've been icing and massaging and it's still sore. I'm not sure what I did, but I don't want to prolong an injury!!

Off to the Y for the elliptical for me this morning, then Chest & BackX tonight!

Jess
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Slept in today. :happy: Work out after work tonight.
    Have a good one!
  • samccarthy
    Options
    Did my hill workout on the treadmill this am and then did a full weight workout. Glad I can go in the morning and get it over with!!

Sheryl
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Good morning runners!

I slept thru my run this morning ... oops. :tongue: I will do something tonight. Maybe my pilates video! Or hit up the gym and hop on the treadmill. I don't quite know yet. :smile:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Good morning runners.:flowerforyou:
    Just wanted to say good morning.:happy:
    As you know no run for me for at least a couple of weeks, but I sure am thinking about it a lot.
    I am trying to take it easy, but catch myself doing little leg lunges while watching tv. Gotta keep them legs a little limber.:wink:
    For those of you wondering, everything went according to plan, for the first time. I don't think things could have gone better and the pain is not as bad as before, so all is really good. Plus I like Vicodine.:love:
    I will pop in once in a while, see what all you guys are up to. Hope the weather hold out until I get back on the street.
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Strawberry: hope your recovery goes well.
    Jess: Take care of that leg! I did Chest and Back X last night. I stink at pull ups and push ups-especially military!!! The burn is setting in today :tongue:

I ran 4 this morning.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Today is my first official day of training for 16 wks for a half marathon that will (hopefully) take place in Jan or Feb, woohoo! Ironically, I didn't run LOL...it starts with cross-training, so I did a spinning class today, then some plyometrics--jump rope and butt kicks. I want to improve my turnover speed. Tomorrow I'm running an easy 4 miles and it's Chest day in the gym.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    No running for me today. We did another round of PFTs for bootcamp.
  • MrsDanceBartley
    MrsDanceBartley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've taken a few days off to help my knee but will be running tonight.

Go to physical therapy Wednesday so should have a better idea of what is going on with the swelling and locking.

Hope you are all having a great day.
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Went out for an easy run/walk today - 40 minutes. Take care everyone and take the time you need to get better!
    Bunny
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    4 miles in today.. not too shabby. I know, late for posting, but if anyone reads this:
    Strawberry good luck on your recovery and don't pop too many of those happy pills!! :laugh:

Take care of your bodies ladies -- seems a few injuries too many lately. :ohwell: and Feel Better!! :flowerforyou:
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    5 min. warmup
    18 min. @ 6.3 mph
    5 min. cooldown

I'm really amazed at all of the people here who can run 3 mi., 5 mi., 7 mi. on a regular basis. I keep posting here to show that you don't have to run far or long to qualify. If you can run to the end of the driveway, you've accomplished something and can call yourself a runner.

BTW - It took me 6 months or more to work up to my best-ever from walking at 3.5 mph for 30 min. My workout above represents a little over 2 mi.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Today was the first run of my official training! My bf and I ran 4 miles in about 49:16, so my pace improved from the other night when I ran 4.25 mi. I was feeling a little under the weather today, some stomach problems probably left me a little dehydrated. But the run was beautiful and the weather was perfect!