should i stop losing weight?

Options
I am 19 years old (male) with 174cm height and 64kg weight. should i concentrate more on strength training now?

Replies

• wingchunrick
    wingchunrick Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You sure dont need to lose weight. What would you like to acheive? Visualise what you want, write down your goals and then start whatever program that suits you..
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    your body is your own and only you can tell when you are ready to stop losing and start building but honestly you should be strength training a bit even if you are still looking ot lose fat b/c more muscle equals more fat burned
  • jamiek89
    jamiek89 Posts: 105
    Options
    You know your body better than anyone, what are your goals? How do you feel about yourself at the moment? Your in a healthy weight range (according to BMI) so depending on what you want to achieve you could lose a LITTLE more weight or you could start focusing on your weight lifting.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I am 19 years old (male) with 174cm height and 64kg weight. should i concentrate more on strength training now?

If you would like to maintain and rev up your metabolism and not gain back what you've lost then YES. Muscle is
    your metabolism. The HUGE mistake people make is when the diet they don't exercise. When you do that you lose
    fat and muscle and thus slow down your metabolism. That's why you hear people say...when I stopped dieting I gained
    back more than I lost. Yeah, that's how it works. It's the yoyo affect. So, build lean sexy muscle and you'll stay healthy and also
    MUSCLE BURNS FAT.
  • fudokung
    fudokung Posts: 31
    Options
    well many people have said I am too thin. I go for a mile (at least) 6 times a week. But am i right to think that I have to eat enough in order to gain muscle?