Used Billy Blanks Boot Camp?

Options
Hi, anyone here use or have used Billy Blanks Boot Camp DVD's? I have the Basic Training DVD and I can't even do it all. Today I FF it to the ab workout because I needed my abs kicked (very big weak area for me) and I couldn't even finish that. I don't even have the bands and struggle with it. This workout seems so much harder and it pushes me more than the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred (although I never made it to level 3 on that). I am wondering if anyone has or does use the DVD and what results any of you may have. I really want to push myself to do it and maybe my goal #1 could be to finish.

Also, is it me or is the workout uneven at times?? -doing more reps on one side than the other. I am a bit obsessive about this when I do videos.

THANKS ALL!

Replies

• xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i have done it and it does kick your butt! lol
    i dont own the dvds (just did them off netflix or internet)
    but the times when i have done them it did seem uneaven too!
    he will be like "just a few more" then do like 20 more
    he gets really into it haha

his tae bo really helped me loose weight before
  • tammy200678
    tammy200678 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I did it and gave up because of that reason uneven reps and just to uneven
  • Tyva
    Tyva Posts: 34
    Options
    I have Billy Blanks and though the moves are not complicated, just keeping up with him maybe difficult in the beginning lol. I started out doing him in 15-minute increments. 15 in the morn an 15 in the eve. Now I can do 30 minutes at a time. Give your body time to build endurance and remember that you burn calories by doing SOME work out, even if you hadnt done it all :wink:
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I do his Ultimate Tae Bo on a regular basis but I know what others are saying about the uneven reps. I've noticed a little bit of it on the DVD but not too bad actually. He seemed to be aware of it more with this one and tried to go by the girls counts behind him. Still love me some Billy Blanks though!

Just try to do a little more each time you do it. It's not a fail if you keep at it. But if it's not for you, don't beat yourself up about it either. Good Luck!

Cheers!
  • rmqt
    rmqt Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just bought the boot camp and cardio dvd combo on a whim at target, now I'm really looking forward to finishing the 30 JM shred and starting billy blanks!
  • cbundrick08
    Options
    Hello! I've used Billy Blanks Boot Camp for months. When I first started, it was so hard---try it without the bands first and work up to it. But it gets easier and you will find that you will love it. My arms are so much stronger now (my weakness!). But like anything you first start doing---it's tough at the beginning.