Looking for friends

karensharley
karensharley Posts: 5
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
Hi mfpf,
I just joined a couple weeks ago and sure would like to make some more friends to join me in my new journey!!
I am finding in difficult to do alone. Its just nice to have someone with the same goals to chat with don't you think.
And of course its always nice to make new friends also. So I will be checking out some new people today and asking you to join me and I hope you except. Can't wait to meet you guys and get some pointers that you do so I to can try something different. I will explain my situation then because this journey is just an extension of what I was doing already. I was a member of WW and it did work for me but I have found that I like this site much better, and of course its FREE.
So I'm very excited to hear everyone's story and idea's.

Thanks for reading,
Karen

Replies

• aarseneau
    aarseneau Posts: 13
    Be happy to be your MFP friend add me if you wish.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Hi Karen, welcome aboard MFP! I will send a friend request...

Best of luck!

David, (North Wales)
  • Kristy085
    Kristy085 Posts: 65 Member
    Welcome! This is a great site! Good luck...lots of support here!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Hello and welcome!
  • Welcome to the MFP family! I joined last Thursday and I've logged on everyday because I love the site, the friends and the support!:smile:
  • Hi Karen~
    Welcome to MFP! I too am pretty new, having only been on here for 5 days. I would love to be your friend since I don't have any friends on here at all. My story is like so many others...I have been overweight now for the last 7 years. I could not get my head in the right place to even begin to diet and I felt like I could out-eat any man! My appetite was HUGE! It seemed hopeless. I would say I was going to start my diet on Monday...like every week, and something would happen by Tuesday and I was off again.
    My rude awakening came last December when my father became gravely ill. He almost died twice and by the grace of God, he survived and today is fine, getting stronger every day. After he came home and was settled, I decided I was going to do something about me. I started on the HCG diet on Feb. 11. I stayed on it for 31 days and lost 20 lbs. Somewhere around day 26 it stopped working for me and I kept fooling around with the same 2 lbs so I decided to go off. What I got out of HCG was a confidence that I could do this on my own and my appetite got smaller. Anyway, since last Sunday, I have been off the drops and I found this awesome website! The food and exercise journals are so cool and really keep me on track. I plan on weighing every Sunday, so I don't know how I am doing, but I have been under my calorie goal each day and have been getting exercise every day.
    I still need to lose about 40 lbs. I would like to be around 150. :wink:
    So...I would love to share info if you would like. I don't know how to request friends, but would love if you requested me. Have a wonderful day...and keep strong, sista!! :flowerforyou:
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,218 Member
    hello and welcome!

i used to do ww too. liked the old points system as it worked for me! i find this much similar and its free! plus the support is fab too!
  • X_C_X
    X_C_X Posts: 14
    Hey welcome im a newebie too joined a few days ago lol!
This discussion has been closed.