Frustrated -- Don't know what to do next!

Options
I've been dieting and working out for just over a year now. I've lost a total of 30 pounds and reached my goal weight! I was maintaining it for quite awhile but over the past few months I've gained 5 - 6 pounds of it back and I cannot get rid of it! It goes directly to my belly and just sits there. I've continued with my cardio and I've even added a weight routine 3 times a week to my regime.

Does anyone have any advice? I really hate how jiggly my belly gets (that's where I gain my weight back right away). I eat very healthy and I am open to trying any kinds of cardio or weights. I know by doing weights I will actually weigh more but is there an effective way to redcue my belly size?

Replies

• MarilynMarie
    Options
    Decrease Calorie Intake A Bit Or Work Out More?
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Double check your figures for the calories you should be consuming in maintenance mode. Make sure your lifestyle matches so you are not consuming too many calories. Your diet is bot public so I couldn't see it. The other thing you might consider is one or two sessions with a personal trainer. They should be able to give you a few different workout routines so you don't run into a workout rut.
  • shmarlyboo
    Options
    weight training and resistance training. these two things will help get rid of that belly fat and slim you down. check out these two sites for great tips, workouts and motivation!

toneitup.com

bodyrock.tv

or go to google, select "videos" and type in bodyrock workouts or tone it up...TONS of stuff!
  • sierraman
    Options
    Variety of activity!!! Routine is your enemy and variety is your friend. Your body adapts to stress (exercise). Change the stress. Look around and learn some new aerobic activity. Resistance training if you haven't will also help. There are lot's of great resources out there that will help you along the way. Take a look at the Cross Fit site. Not only are there some innovative exercise options but lot's of good resources about nutrition and exercise physiology. Whatever you do don't give up. Best wishes and good luck!

"Movement is life... life is movement."
  • inittowinit77
    Options
    increase your water intake and for one week right down all the food that you eat and see if you are consuming what you think you are. Also it is a good idea to change the workout routines that you do. After a while of doing the same things your body gets used to it. Also making sure that you are doing lots of core work, that will also help reduce belly fat. Good luck!
  • traceytoo
    traceytoo Posts: 163
    Options
    have a look at what you eat every day as if it were the first day of your diet .. are things creeping in, a mouthful of htis a mouthful of that, one or two treats too many - it's so easily done, take a fresh look at it and your exercise, you might see where the problem lies if there was one .. ask yourself the question, if this were the first day of my diet, what would I be doing with my food and exercise??
  • lauralevy
    lauralevy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    I've reassessed my daily calorie intake and I'm definitely going to take a look at those websites. I'm all for variety in my workouts so I'm really looking forward to trying some new stuff! I know my body has gotten used to me just running so I need to confuse it now!

Hopefully I can this new plan going and see results soon!