Newbie - Looking for friends to keep me accountable!

Options
Hi there,

I'm new to MFP and I'm looking for friends to help keep me accountable and to support and encourage each other. I really struggle with sticking with diets long term and I really want to make some permanent changes!

Replies

• srs1881
    srs1881 Posts: 14
    Options
    You are welcome to send me an invite. I have been at this now since mid February. I have had a few ups and downs but the community is great and I am at 5lbs down at this point.

In any case good luck and congrats for investing in yourself!
  • emersmurf
    emersmurf Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm fairly new here too, I also struggle with sticking to diets. Maybe we can help eachother! Friend me if you'd like. =)
  • Renayz
    Renayz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome ,welcome, welcome!!! I'm glad you found this site! :smile: You can add me as your friend.
  • MeaganAnn84
    Options
    Hi Kelly - I need friends to keep me accountable also! You can add me if you want, anyone else also! The people here are awesome!
  • MissTizz
    MissTizz Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm new too!! And need all the help I can get!! :)
  • wingchunrick
    wingchunrick Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly. Feel free to add me. Rick
  • foxington
    foxington Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Youre more than welcome to join me.
    Ive not been on here long but i am very competative and drives me to keep going till i meet the goal of a stone before my friends :smile:

Sometimes seeing the exercise levels of others can drive you to work hard
  • Sunshinema
    Options
    I am new also and i have struggled for along time. I can stick with excersize and such but the diet changes do me in. Need people to keep me on track as well. so feel free to send me an invite.
  • bfh123
    bfh123 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey Kelly I just joined last night. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • meggersd
    meggersd Posts: 55
    Options
    add me!
  • bluehooked
    bluehooked Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp i'm sure you will love it and get to all the goals you aim for.
  • pvs1357
    pvs1357 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am not new but returning! I need to be held accountable too! I lost 30 lbs a few years ago and am now up 20! A daily check in buddy would be wonderful!
  • jennelle130
    Options
    im just getting started also! I can always use good motivation! but this is it I just know it
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    WELCOME EVERYONE! I MOTIVATE AS MUCH AS I CAN ... I HAVE LOTS OF ENERGY AND LIKE TO GET ON PEOPLE IF IS EE THEY ARENT UP TO THEIR POTENTIAL, FEEL FREE TO ADD ME! GOOD LUCK !
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm new to MFP and I'm looking for friends to help keep me accountable and to support and encourage each other. I really struggle with sticking with diets long term and I really want to make some permanent changes!

Welcome! "Sticking with diets" I struggle too. I have a plan each day to do the best that I can even if that means having a high calorie meal then exercise. Friend me - I would love to be on this journey with you.
  • lisa_lotte
    lisa_lotte Posts: 216
    Options
    Hellooo everyone and welcome to those of you that are new :-) I use this site daily, sending you a friend request :-) Anyone else feel free to add me too :-)

Lisa
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'm relatively new too. Been on ..um..this is my 3rd week I think. I struggle every day. I find it's very helpful to be accountable
    to someone besides myself. But i love this program...I like the process, and if i'm entering stuff, I'm not eating. Bonus! I like
    seeing what my activity burns, and that helps me to continue the activity every day. I've begun to wear the HRM every time I
    walk the dogs. That in itself is amazing. I've found I can get my heart rate higher walking the dogs than i can on the treadmill. Who knew!
    Glad you are here..feel free to add me...I like to chat and encourage. That helps me as well.
  • LADYECHO
    LADYECHO Posts: 1
    Options
    HI I'm Lawanda. I am also new and looking for friends and support. Yesturday was my first day. Sorry i dont have a picture however i dont know how to download one.:wink:
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Kelly you sure can add me. I have been dieting now for a year. Just joined this site last Monday and already seeing changing in the plateau I got myself stuck in. Add me I will encourage, but I yell sometimes EEK not really.

and if anyone else wants to add me please do.
  • plc765
    plc765 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You may add me as well!