What is my hrm??????

Options
HELP A SISTA OUT....... LOL

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    it stands for heart rate monitor if that's what you're asking.
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Yeah I was wondering what you meant by HRM. Heart rate monitor is all I know it stands for.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    are you asking what your maximal heart rate is? The simple formula is 220 minus your age. But that's really really generic.

a better formula is

HRmax = 205.8 − (0.685 × age)

BUT, this still has a 6 to 10 BPM variance.

Other than that the only way to know for sure is to go to a medical facility that has the capacity to test for these things and be tested.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the formula! I appreciate it.
  • Mel_MisFit_Mae
    Mel_MisFit_Mae Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    LOL OHHH DUHHHH, THANKS GUYS ....... I need one which ones are good and where can i buy it............ does it tell me (beep) when i'm not in my target zone???????
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I've found the Polar FT4 is simple and tracks calories burned.
  • dawnkitchen
    dawnkitchen Posts: 161
    Options
    I have a Timex Zone Trainer and it can be set to beep when you aren't in your target zone to let you know. It also has an adjustable chest strap and counts calories burned.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Polar F6 here. Had it for 3 years now, and besides a few battery changes, and the occasional blip in the readings, it's always worked perfectly.
  • xcharysma
    xcharysma Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I sometimes use this site to calculate for me: http://www.sarkproducts.com/targetzonecalculator.htm
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I also have a polar f6 and I love it :)
  • yummymummy50
    Options
    are you asking what your maximal heart rate is? The simple formula is 220 minus your age. But that's really really generic.

a better formula is

HRmax = 205.8 − (0.685 × age)

BUT, this still has a 6 to 10 BPM variance.

Other than that the only way to know for sure is to go to a medical facility that has the capacity to test for these things and be tested.
  • yummymummy50
    Options
    it stands for heart rate monitor if that's what you're asking.
  • yummymummy50
    Options
    Okay....and having worked out my HRM what do I do with that information? I'm confused !