Where do I start??

Options
Anyone have any tips for me?!
I'm just starting out on this journey seriously- and I need some ideas on where to get started with exercise. I just joined a gym and am going to get some new sneakers tomorrow.... is there a good program to start with? I could use some structure.
Anyone else in the same shoes I'm in? Maybe we could do something together!!! :)

Replies

• nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I would suggest talking with the trainers at the gym, they can give you guidelines and a suggested workout depending on your body type, and what you want to work on. Also, any of the BIggest Loser workout DVD's are killer! They get you moving and really tone your body up.

Welcome and I wish you luck!! Feel free to add me as a friend!! :flowerforyou:
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    I agree about asking the trainers at your gym. This is what they do! You've already made a great first step by joining this website.
  • GinaKurtz
    GinaKurtz Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Take a look at couch to 5K if you want to go the running route. I say start with some good cardio & ease yourself into some weight training!

As for your food, I cut out all bad cards & it did wonders for me! I still stick with just the good carbs, not including an occasional splurge for special occasions!

You can do it! When you start seeing results you'll be even more motivated to keep going! :happy:
  • clarec83
    clarec83 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello,

I too have just recently started. My plan is now this.

Gym - Tuesdays Boxercise, Fridays Legs bums and tums, saturdays - Body shaping and 1 day a week doing a gym workout. I'm not very good at pushing myself in the gym so i have opted for more classes than gym time.

Food - More Protien and veg. Carbs in the day but not too many and very low carbs at tea time.

I hada bumpy start so hav decided to stick to the above plan for the next 3 weeks. Hope fully in that time i will see enough difference to spur me on.

Feel free to add me as a friend for support.

Thanks
    CC x
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    I'll have to agree with Nikki. All gyms have personal trainers, and usually a few sessions are included with the membership. Have them set you up on a program, show you exercises. Gym classes are good too, they are a fun way to get a great work out while doing whatever - Zumba, Step, Kick boxing - all fun classes! Welcome, Good Luck and feel free to add me! This site is great and you're on the right track :)
  • MissTizz
    MissTizz Posts: 39
    Options
    Can you do the Couch 2 5K on a treadmill?