wii fit to weight yourself

Options
Does anyone use their wii fit to weight themselves. I do have a scale but it's a cheap one and I don't think it is very accurate since I stepped on it twice once right after the other and the results were a one pound difference. Not sure if the wii fit balance board is an accurate way to weight yourself. Thanks for your input.

Replies

• dhiggins8
    dhiggins8 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use their wii fit to weight themselves. I do have a scale but it's a cheap one and I don't think it is very accurate since I stepped on it twice once right after the other and the results were a one pound difference. Not sure if the wii fit balance board is an accurate way to weight yourself. Thanks for your input.

great idea I need to tell my wife to do this she will get on our scale 10 times in a row and get 10 different weights. Me.......I get on once and take it for what it is worth.
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Up until l lost one of my Wii cords in my recent move i DID use my Wii Fit to weigh myself...it was all i had for a scale...since i did not have a scale, i couldn't compare the accuracy as far as my actual weight but it DID seem consistant as far as I felt i was able to accurately tell how much i was losing...hope that helps and my rambling wasn't too confusing...LOL

i find the little avatar gives me pretty good motivation since they draw it to match your BMI too....LOL

and wish me luck i either find my cable or find how to get a new one so i can go back to using that.
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Yes, I find my Wii Fit to be far more consistent and accurate than my bathroom scale. Which makes me want to cry sometimes, because my bathroom scale consistently has me 3-5 lb lighter than the fit! But the Fit is a better scale :-(
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    My scale just broke so I used the wii fit today. it's always been as accurate as my scale for me
  • tonyaroseprewitt
    tonyaroseprewitt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes I use mine daily. I weight before my exercise each day. I do it a the same time and it seems very accurate.
  • MissJennaBelle
    Options
    I use the Wii Fit to weigh myself because then it records the data on a graph automatically so I have it all tracked and can reflect on it. I think it's accurate as it used to be in sync with the bathroom scales I owned which then sadly broke so I have been relying on the wii for weigh in each week and it's not let me down.
  • afboudreaux
    Options
    The Wii fit scale is accurate as long as you use it on a firm surface. If it's on plush carpet it's not as accurate as if it was on tile or wood flooring.
  • NlKKA
    NlKKA Posts: 185 Member
    Options

I have used it a many of times. And to be honest if you want accurate results be sure that you are estimating very close to how heavy your clothes and shoes are. Other than that the only way I knew it was measuring accruate was to get up early and weigh in the nude. Always weigh when you first wake up and before you eat or drink anything especially at the same time every time you weigh. Hopes this helps!
  • onefasternurse
    onefasternurse Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    For the first month on MFP I used my wii fit scale. I didnt think there was a problem because I was definitely seeing a decline in my weight. One day I weighed at work ( I work in the ER at a local hospital) and there was a 11 lb weight gain. So I bought a scale to double check the wii at home. The wii was weighing me 10 pounds lighter than normal scales and the hospital scales at work. I wish i could have went with the lower starting tho:)
    Also, scales need to be calibrated regularly to ensure accuracy.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    It's pretty accurate, unless you have thick carpet. If you find that it doesn't seem to be recording your moves or your weight properly, put it on a board or something hard and sturdy, and it will work better.
  • AlisonMacKay
    Options
    thanks everyone!
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I use the Wii Fit to weigh myself because then it records the data on a graph automatically so I have it all tracked and can reflect on it. I think it's accurate as it used to be in sync with the bathroom scales I owned which then sadly broke so I have been relying on the wii for weigh in each week and it's not let me down.
    \
    I find it to be pretty accurate and really like the tracking on it as well. I use my on carpet that's not thin, but not really plushy either. So I say just give it a try and see. Good luck.
  • trolleydolly70
    trolleydolly70 Posts: 29 Member
    Options

I have used it a many of times. And to be honest if you want accurate results be sure that you are estimating very close to how heavy your clothes and shoes are. Other than that the only way I knew it was measuring accruate was to get up early and weigh in the nude. Always weigh when you first wake up and before you eat or drink anything especially at the same time every time you weigh. Hopes this helps!

Totally agree! as it's impossible to get an accurate weight of your clothing (unless you weigh them first)!!:smile:
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Suzi,

I too lost a wii cord, I lost the power cord and I went to a dept store to replace it MAJOR BUCKS ! I went to amazon $3.00-$7.00 !!

Hope you find your cord, I never found mine.
  • WendyDemers
    WendyDemers Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use mine first thing in the morning before anyone else is up. I just wear the same t-shirt on weigh in day so it's consistent each time. I can't wait until my chubby Mii thins out;)