Insanity vs. Turbo Fire

Options
Hi All

For those who have finished or are in the middle of these programs:

What do you like about the program?
If you have done both, which one do you like the best?
Which one is more fun?
How much weight did you lose during the 60 day period?

I just ordered TurboFire, but keep hearing good things about Insanity too, so I didn't know which program to start first.....suggestions/comments would get great! Thanks and I look forward to reading everyone's input!

Replies

• EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Just saw some progress pics from someone who finished insanity and all I can say is...you should go and check them out if you havent already!!! Never done either of them personally but she has me contemplating hard on insanity now!!!
  • lmanzi219
    lmanzi219 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Right now me and my boyfriend are almost done with the first week of Insanity. We have heard nothing but good things about it. So far we love it, although it is as promised....insane. My muscles have never been this sore ever. I'm 25 and I struggle during the really intense parts. Shaun T really makes you work at the absolute max and even today (the cardio "recovery" day) was challenging. It's still too early to give a weight loss tally or see results, but I feel different and it hasn't even been a week. I highly recommend it so far, but be prepared for a challenge! Good Luck!!!
  • MSWDiet
    MSWDiet Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I DID INSANITY. I SAW REAL A DIFFERENCE IN MY FLABBY MIDSECTION AND I CAN FINALLY DO PUSH UPS WELL. HOWEVER, I DID NOT LOOSE AN OUNCE.

I'VE ALWAYS BEEN WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGED SO I AM NOT TYPICAL. ESPECIALLY SINCE THIS WAS NOT MY ONLY EXERCISE PROGRAM AT THE TIME. I FOUND THE PROGRAM DULL AND MONOTONOUS BUT IT WORKS.
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have done both, I did insanity first last year and finished turbofire a few months ago. They are both great, see my answers below:

What do you like about the program?
    Insanity - sooo intense. I got addicted to the high of extreme cardio and going hardcore
    Turbofire - I loved the music, felt like I was dancing

If you have done both, which one do you like the best?
    They are two different programs. I still do workouts from each once a week. If i had to choose one I'd be torn. I recommend both :happy:

Which one is more fun?
    Turbofire, hands down. The only thing fun about insanity is knowing you have given your all. Turbofire is intense but tricks you into thinking you're just getting funky (except for HIIT days and fire drills, those are more insanity-like)

How much weight did you lose during the 60 day period?
    I am focusing on fat loss with muscle retention.

Insanity- I lost about 5 lbs and several inches (went from a size 6 to 4) and developed a line in the middle of my abs without watching calories, I was binging on cheezits at the time... :blushing: more importantly, my heart rate went from the 70s to 60

Turbofire- I think about 4? I remember I reached my goal weight and went to size 2. I don't know that I can differentiate between diet and the exercise program for weight/fat loss

If I had to do it again I'd do turbofire first and then insanity since the latter is more intense.

Hope that helps!
  • mcmcat13
    mcmcat13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank yall so much for the input. It looks like I will probably start with Turbo Fire since its in the mail and then move on to Insanity.....