slower weight loss better?

Options
I am 23, almost 5'6" and started at 150 lbs, so I'm not overweight by bmi standards, but I'm trying to lose about 20 lbs, maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less, depending on how my body looks and feels. Anyway, I have my profile set to lose 1 lb a week. Lately I have been losing about 0.6 lbs. instead of a pound. I know I haven't been as "religious" about the whole thing, so I feel somewhat confident that when I do start plugging at it harder I will start losing a pound again. My question is this: is it ok/better that I be losing it slowly since I have a smaller amount to lose? Is it less likely to come right back again if I lose it slowly? Thanks!

Replies

• GabrielMaestas
    GabrielMaestas Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I say a conservative weight loss is def a better idea :o) No need to rush anything
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    When you have that little weight to lose it does come off slowly. You are better off to lose it slowly becuase it will most likely stay off. Make sure you are doing measurements. A lot of people when they get that close to their goal weight do a lot of shifting and toning and the scale doesn't accurately reflect all that hard work. You might only lose .5 lbs a week, but still lose sizes.

Best wishes to you.
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    In my past experiences the faster I've lost weight the faster I gained it back.
  • GameOn2011
    GameOn2011 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have the EXACT same weight loss goals! I have lost about 13 pounds and it has been since last October (hard through the holidays).

Best part, I hav NOT gained anything back. Slow and steady is so much EASIER to stick with. And I agree ith Chistina_thersa, I have gained it back fast when I lost it fast.

This week was a 0.8 weight loss...loss is loss and I am thrilled!
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input! I feel better now!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    As you can see on my ticker, I do not have alot of weight to lose. I have been doing this since november and lost 10 pounds. Some weeks I lose notting, others 1 pounds. I can really say that slow is the way to go.