body resonse time...

Options
seems like it takes about a week for my body to catch up to what I've done...

I was really good this week and disappointed to see that the scale had not moved, so I researched my diary to see if I had done something wrong but I was so good this week. Then I checked the week before that and I was over almost every day. I guess logically then I should see the weight drop next week due to how good I've been this week (I hope)

I also need to try harder not to over do it on the weekend...those drinks really add up!!!

Replies

• A_shelton316
    A_shelton316 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I see the same in my body so your not alone. I was really worried when the scale didn't move about a week ago and then BAM! I lost 2 lbs so I just give it time and know your doing right for your body :flowerforyou:
  • glcarr65
    glcarr65 Posts: 74
    Options
    I notice that a lot with me.... I have always wondered about that....
  • isaiahxoxoender
    Options
    Just give it time! I felt like I was stuck at 234 lbs despite my best efforts, I weighed myself this morning and lost 3 lbs!
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    ...those drinks really add up!!!

When alcohol is in your system it is burnt as fuel before fat and carbs. Highly counter productive and makes ingested calories have no choice but to be stored.
  • firmbug
    firmbug Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    ...those drinks really add up!!!

When alcohol is in your system it is burnt as fuel before fat and carbs. Highly counter productive and makes ingested calories have no choice but to be stored.

yep...that's true!!! Alcohol, carbs and lastly fat, the thing we need to burn most gets burned last when alcohol is put in the picture. I try to encourage people to also take body measurements of waist, hips, thighs, etc, many times the scale doesn't move but you will drop inches which is better because it means you are a smaller size
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It's hard not to get discouraged when you're being so good. I learned a while ago that you have to get to know how your body responds to this journey. Before I had my hysterectomy I would only have about one good weigh in a month. After I realized that it was easier to accept. I would have minimal losses and then the week after my period I would lose 4-5 pounds averaging the 2 pounds a week. I guess you just have to get intune with your body, keep doing all the right things and hang in there.