Going to japanese restaurant today for a farewell dinner! Wh

Options
What the hell should I eat? :ohwell: :smile:

Replies

• vayax
    vayax Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    miso soup and sashimis are great options!
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Don't have too much soya sauce- has tons of sodium in it.
    Miso soup is nice but also has lots of sodium in it.
    Have sashimi! :happy: Yummy source of protein!
    Or even Agedashi tofu!
    Or salmon terriyaki

For something a little indulgent - Chicken Katsu Curry mmmm! :love:

Oh and edamame beans is always a nice starter. Watch out for the sprinkled salt though!
  • catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    The raw rolls are always good, stay away from deep fried ones (i know it's hard)
    Depending on which restaurant you're going to, try looking stuff up in the database.
    Miso soup is really good! :D
  • princesspurple
    Options
    I would eat sushi, I enjoy the rice, I would eat salad for lunch:flowerforyou:
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Steak, shrimp, chicken, vegetables, tea.
  • Giovanni_P
    Giovanni_P Posts: 107
    Options
    I would put my diet in the closet for the evening, and dive into the sushi bar!
    :laugh:
  • TamDTam
    TamDTam Posts: 115
    Options
    I always just ask for no butter and have pretty much whatever else I want...only drink water and take half of it to go...
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I would put my diet in the closet for the evening, and dive into the sushi bar!
    :laugh:

Yes, what he said! :laugh:

But you could always up your water intake/ green tea and exercise beforehand :wink:
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I look at the restaurant menu before going.. figure out what i want to order.. put it in the food data base to see what it tallies out to and make adjustments from there. cukecumber salad is always a low calorie, high bulk item. sashimi is a great choice. drink extra tea and ask for a lemon in your water to act as a diaretic, to help the all the sodium not stick to you.... good luck!
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    now I want sushi....thank you....enjoy your dinner....:laugh:
  • Pawsntails
    Pawsntails Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Love japanese, stay away from katsu and katsu curry, uber tasty, but filled with calories. Also avoid tomago, yet another fav of mine, but has lots of sugar in it. Stick with sushi, rice dishes and go for fruit or mochi for dessert. Mochi can be high cal but the portion is usually really small and really filling