Door #1, Door #2 or Door #3

Options
bynsky
bynsky Posts: 15,837 Member
OK - so I'm going up to see my parents this weekend for the first time since Christmas. They will be taking me out for my "birthday" dinner tomorrow night, and I can't decide where I want to go. Please vote which you would choose. I'm not trying to go for the lesser of the evils, just can't make up my mind. Please don't try to give me "this would be the healthier option" or anything like that. I will attempt to track my calories, but that's it.

Here are the 3 choices I've narrowed it down to.

Door #1 - Texas Roadhouse: Love their food, love steak, but I had steak as my actual birthday dinner with my husband. They have so many other yummy options, and I know I'd eat more veggies here. My kids would also eat the best here of all the places.

Door #2 - Hu Hot: Mongolian BBQ - YUM!!! My husband loves it too, and we don't have a GOOD place like this near home. The kids won't eat as good, but they'll do OK.

Door #3 - Brown Bottle: This is a local Italian restaurant that I adore! I'm just not sure I want all those carbs anymore. I'm sure I could find something that would fit into my new metabolism and eating habits, but I haven't eaten here since I started MFP and I know my habits have changed. My hubby will stuff himself to the max and be very happy if we went here. Older child will eat awesome, younger one... well, that's a crap shoot. This would also be the only place where dessert would definitely get consumed, but I'd share with my 2 boys.

Again, not going for healthy, just looking for opinions on which you think sounds yummier to help me make up my mind. Place your vote! Thanks!

NOTE: My birthday was actually last month, this is just the first time I'll have seen my parents since then :wink:

Replies

• JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Door 2- You don't have anything as good near you and it's YOUR birthday. DO it!
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Door 2...that sounds like a special dinner since you don't have easy access to it usuallly!
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'd go with #3. You seemed to focus on that one the most so you obviously like it.
  • elorentz
    elorentz Posts: 5
    Options
    Door 2 without a doubt.
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    Door #2 - You can't get it at home AND you can get pasta anywhere! ENJOY your birthday dinner...you deserve it!
  • emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If it was me I'd pick Door #2!
  • Sunshinema
    Options
    I would go wtih Door #2
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Looks like the votes are in. Overwhelmingly for Door #2. My pick too. Love Mongolian BBQ.

Happy Birthday!! Good thing you're so far away. Unless your into it, 35 swats on the behind might leave you a little tender.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    mmmmm.... #2 for sure.... :love:

Have fun! :drinker:
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I've been massively overruled lol.
  • RunOnSentence
    Options
    Mmmm - you have described what would be my fantasy game show - choose a door and each has a delicious option behind it! :love:
    My vote is for Hu Hot! You can always load up on the greens earlier in the day! :flowerforyou: Enjoy your big day!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    TWO!!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I'd take door #2, Monty. :)

Oh...and DUH! *palm forehead smack!* HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)
  • pauldbarnhart
    pauldbarnhart Posts: 5,999 Member
    Options
    Although it's probably best to go with the one you can't normally get (Mongolian BBQ), today, I'd have to with door #1 - Texas Roadhouse. I've eaten like a pig this week, so the thought of Mongolian BBQ just turns my stomach this morning. I'd much rather have a nice salad with some steak or chicken sliced on top.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    We used to have a Brown Bottle here, but it sadly closed up before I could get there. Heard it was good & bad from various people. But....getting to your "door choices".....

If you are going to go for a run the day after, then go for Door #3 Brown Bottle - you will need those carbs!

However - Door #2 isn't a norm for you & you can't just have that whenever you want.

Door #1 - best option for everyone involved.

So I'd pick Door #1. Just stay away from the rolls & honey cinnamon butter! :laugh:
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Door 2 hands down
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    I've been massively overruled lol.

Door #2 for sure! Sorry Mikey.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Number 2!!!!