New mom, new here, need friends and support!

Options
Hi,

I'm new here and I am definitely going to need some friends to help keep me accountable and motivated. I just had my second son in September 2010. I started that pregnancy overweight, and on top of that I haven't lost any of the baby weight. I'm well into the obese BMI at this point and I have to lose weight for more energy, to feel better about myself, and to keep from developing type 2 diabetes - I'm at high risk because I had gestational diabetes during this last pregnancy.

I work a demanding full time job, have 2 young sons at home (a 3 year old and a 5 month old) and am still breastfeeding (which makes me incredibly hungry!) I have not had much success with weight loss / fitness programs in the past. It seems like once a year I go through an over-zealous push to lose weight, through extreme diet or exercise, but I've never actually lost any weight that way.

I'm hoping for a more permanent and gradual change to my behavior this time; less attention to the scale will probably help me, as I get frustrated by lack of results.

Anyone wanna be my friend?

Replies

• nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Add me!! I'm a failry new mama - my daughter is 18 months old. She is one of my biggest reasons for this weight loss. I'd love to keep you motivated and get some support from you!
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I will add you! I had the same problems with other diets and weight loss programs. I love MFP though. You can still eat a lot of normal foods and for the more unhealthy ones, you find alternative ways to make them. Check out the recipe section on the message board, it will help. Lots of yummy foods for low calories. Good luck with this!
  • trimformecmb
    trimformecmb Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    add me to your list...we have similiar challenges...i have a 5 year old and a 2 1/2 year old and also work full time.. ialso struggle with the scale and my nutritional needs.....let me know what i can do for you to help along our journey together....
    peace and luck
    christine
  • catherinern
    Options
    I added you! I have a 7 year old and a 3 year old and still struggling with the last 10lbs. You have my full support. :)

Cat
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I have the same problem with eating healthy and balancing life in general. I have a 6 yr old daughter, work full-time, and currently going back to school for my MBA.. It's a challenge, but soooo worth it!!
  • marielw
    marielw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me if you like - im not such a new mummy, but i work full time also and know how hard it is to juggle everything!
    :happy:
  • A_shelton316
    A_shelton316 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I'm a mother of two little boys 8 and 4 years. Welcome to MFP you will love it and find that it's very helpful. :happy:
  • southern04
    Options
    Add me! I am a stay at home mom with four kids. I understand how busy you can get.
  • e3slisa
    e3slisa Posts: 65
    Options
    :smile: Hi there and a big welcome, I have sent you a freind request, I am a mother of 4 with a full time job so I know how difficult it can be to balance everything in your life even though my youngest is now 8. Always here for motivation and support if you wish to accept. Good luck :wink: Lisa xxx
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    U can add me' have a 2 1/2 month old along with 2 other kiddos plus work full time 3rd shift-totally understand where u r coming from
  • dean0721
    dean0721 Posts: 143
    Options
    welcome, i havent been here long myself, so i am certainly no expert, the people are fantastic, lots of fun and just what you need when feeling weak.......

Feel free to add me, if not good luck xx
  • nikjo17
    nikjo17 Posts: 11
    Options
    I can completely relate being a working mom to a very active 6 and 7 yr old! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • dfleno
    dfleno Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! this site is great and the people are so helpful and encouraging! I'm a mom of a 5 year old and a 14 month old and work full time too... it's hard to get that time in to exercise and eat well, but you are creating a healthy lifestyle for your kids to look up to and partake in! It's soooo worth it! Make sure that when you do you calorie requirements you check that you are "pregnant or nursing" ( I think that's an option) so it correctly calculates your calories and you aren't starving yourself!
  • kimbermanny
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

And, dfleno, thanks so much for the tip on the "pregnant or nursing" check box, i missed that.
  • trimformecmb
    trimformecmb Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    make sure that you are drinking enough and that thirst doesn't mimic hunger......i remeber when i was at work and i would pump, then feel famished, but after a bunch of water, the hunger would go away for a couple of hours.....good luck and what a gift you are giving your child.......