*bad bad scale*

Options
My scale, was broken, so I've been thinking I was down to 208 lbs (with a starting weight of 220 according to scare)
Hubby stepped on, and said this scales broken, it says I weigh alot less then i did 3 weeks ago.
I bought a new scale.
my current weight is 235.4 the heaviest I have ever been
Could def use some motivation..
Feel free to add me

Replies

• karizmah78
    Options
    don't forget that the scale can be your enemy! If you felt like you got down to 208 - that probly meant when you looked in the mirror you saw a thinner, leaner body! Keep that part as a focus - you will get there - just keep trying!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Are you sure your start weight was right?? I have to admit that I have only done weight as opposed to weight and measurement. Do your clothes fit differently? Do you have more energy? Remember if you are changing fat to muscle there will be some increases due to muscle weighing more than fat. Stick with it!
  • Dutchgirly
    Dutchgirly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I go by inches lost, otherwise I would be a sad panda.
  • anemoneflynn
    Options
    I've been mooching off other people's scales, 'cause I don't have one, and it bugs me when the weight fluctuates so much. I think I'm going to have to get one just so I can weight in regularly and have some consistency about the results! Hang in there and don't let it get you down. No matter what your starting weight is, the longer you stick with this the healthier you'll get. Don't let the numbers fool you!
  • hugoswife4ever
    Options
    Well, hubby in no way shape or form lost weight, hes in the military and gets weighed pretty regularly...

My starting weight according to my old scale was 220... I do feel like I lost some weight, so I was probably heavier then the 234.5 that this scale is telling me.. Its motivating me to work out more.. I don't like being this big...I plan on weighing weekly (Im taking supplments as well, so need to see if they are working/worth the money)
    I cant do the inches thing. Lol.. Not sure how!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Focus on your success, not the numbers. You are making progress in the right direction, and you can keep heading in that direction. I weigh on two scales regularly . . .mine at home and the one at the gym. They both give me different values, but I just like to see them both trending downward!
  • michelle4271
    michelle4271 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Well, hubby in no way shape or form lost weight, hes in the military and gets weighed pretty regularly...

My starting weight according to my old scale was 220... I do feel like I lost some weight, so I was probably heavier then the 234.5 that this scale is telling me.. Its motivating me to work out more.. I don't like being this big...I plan on weighing weekly (Im taking supplments as well, so need to see if they are working/worth the money)
    I cant do the inches thing. Lol.. Not sure how!

soooo important to take the measurements, you can google how to do that! I would hate to see that you are getting frustrated in not seeing the scale change, when you are toning and redefining your body. I take my measurements about every 3-4 weeks or so, that can give enough time to either see the changes, or feel them. good luck to you