This is frustrating...

Options
I have completely changed my eating habits and have been working out (P90X) 6 days a week for over a month now and I only have lost 1 lb to show for it!! When will it start coming off?? Last week I was actually excited because I had lost 2 lbs for the first time after not losing at all for a month - Then I weigh myself this morning and I gained a pound back!! UGH

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Are you eating all your calories for the day? It is possible your body has gone into "starvation mode"...
  • catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Your diary is on private.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Could be a lot of things. Maybe water retention, not likely to be all muscle, as its about 2lb/month of a weight gain for women.. Sodium levels? Drink last night? Did you do measurements? I would go off of that.
  • mj7660
    mj7660 Posts: 1
    Options
    If you're doing P90X, you probably need to focus more on taking your measurements every 30 days. It's possible that you aren't losing any weight because you are gaining muscle mass. Complete Phase One of the program and then take your measurements. Worry less about the scale at this point because you are turning muscle into fat. I hope this helps!
  • Toofhairy
    Toofhairy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! I only started this Monday, so today is my Day 5 of eating better and working out. But, I haven't lost an ounce and I am so frustrated. Someone at work suggested that I might not be eating enough calories, but I don't know if my body would ever think it's starving. I could live off this extra weight for a good long while, I'd imagine. I am going to try my first workout with P90X tonight to change things up. Anyhow, sorry I don't have any words of encouragement to offer aside from, "you are not alone!"
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    can't see your diary so it's very hard to help you. if you will open it up you will get a lot more help as we can't help you if we are in the dark.
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    are you eating enough fiber? drinking enough water? going to the bathroom enough. i gain weight when i am constipated. i also retain water really bad. have to take water pills every day. when i don't i can gain 4 pounds i a few hours.
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what kind of workouts you're doing, but also keep in mind that your muscle may be eating your fat, the scale can be a horrible thing depending on what type of exercises you're putting your body through.

If you're doing any strength workouts, remember muscle weights more than fat, and you should start paying attention to how your clothes fit you, vs what the scale tells you. - Last but not least it takes a bit (a month for me) for your body to get used to you eating correct and working out. Everyone is different though :) Keep it up for a bit longer, and if it doesn't work, find something else that works for your body. You just need to try different things, as different styles work with different people.
  • sallyah13
    sallyah13 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I did 9 weeks if P90X just this winter and I gained weight doing it! I know it was muscle since I am generally just a runner, but it was still frustrating. I had to realize that P90X wasn't for me, so now that the weather is better I a back to running and much happier! My husband did it with me and he lost and felt much better so that didn't help my attitute about it either :) However, if you enjoy it, stick with it, up your intensity, and eventually I think you will see results.
  • Jewels2681
    Options
    I made my food diary public...
  • Shellz206
    Shellz206 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Are you taking measurements as well? You may be losing inches, but not pounds!