Believe In Yourself!

Options
For those of you on your first journey into the world of triathlon (or something else that's completely new and challenging), and those of you who, despite your experience, have had intimidation moments about your training or workout, I'd like to share a personal reflection that really grabbed me.

When I approached my first spin workout with a triathlon group, I was scared s***less! I knew it would be hard, and everyone else in the group already had great muscle definition in multiple body parts. How could I ever keep up with these iron people?!? My goal was to survive the workout and only limp once out of site! That was last fall.

I just started my third spin class - a class that my husband has decided to join as his first spin experience. Yes, we both found it hard, and yet made it through victorious. On the way home, he told me what great shape I was in to be able to handle that level of activity 3 times a week and that he had some work to do to keep up. This from the man with the most powerful quads I've ever seen! I realized, at that moment, how far I've come; how comfortable I had become at spinning, and how much I felt part of the group (not someone desperately trying to keep up). It's amazing what happens with time, determination and patience!

NEVER SAY NO TO SOMETHING BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU'RE THE ONE COMPLETELY OUT OF YOUR LEAGUE!!!!

(Believe in yourself and your potential) :happy:

Have a marvelous weekend!

Replies

• Vanishing_Gordies
    Options
    I like this. About a month or so ago I did my first spin class. I just kept looking at the seat trying to figure out why these skinny minis thought My big butt was going to fit on that bike. It would get swallowed. But I mucked thru it. Couldn't do any of the hills, I felt kind of defeated. I'm super competitive, so it was messing with my head that I couldn't do what everyone else was doing.

I'm proud to say after working out three times a day for a few weeks, I decided to try spin again and succeeded! I'm pretty sure I could have done a little more!

Thanks for the motivational post!
  • sftb
    sftb Posts: 40
    Options
    Thanks for your success story!!! Awesome!