Coffee creamers

Options
I have to have a coffee every morning. I usually buy a skinny vanilla latte from Starbucks which only has 90 calories, but it doesn't really fit into the budget anymore. I bought a bag of coffee grounds to make at home, and bought some coffee mate creamer. Well 8 tablespoons = 200 calories! That is just crazy! I had 2 mugs of coffee today and I didn't really measure (stupid) so I am probably even over that.

Do you guys have any suggestions on healthier coffee creamer, or any alternatives? How do you make your coffee?

Replies

• LizzyTish327
    LizzyTish327 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I LOVE coffee too and I just have regular coffee (I use the Keurig K-cups) with 1-2 tablespoons (measured) of International Delight Sugar Free French Vanilla Creamer. I love this creamer and it's only 20 calories per tablespoon. Then I add 2 packets of Splenda..yes I need all that sugar :)
  • pretentiouskate
    Options
    If you're really committed to coffee and enjoy lattes I would recommend picking up an inexpensive espresso machine and milk steamer, grabbing some Monin sugar free syrup, and making your own at home.

I used to be a six cup a day fiend, but the calories were too much and I can't tolerate it black. Now it's more of a once a week treat.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I use semi skimmed milk (Inch in mug) and microwave it so goes a bit frothy then add boiled water and a spoon of coffee. I dont have sugar. You could use skimmed milk to keep the calories even lower?

Im not sure what coffee creamer is? x
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I use Coffee-Mate sugar free french vanilla liquid. In 1 Tbsp there are only 15 calories (10 from fat) and 2 g of carbs. Sodium is 0.
    They also have the suger free in hazelnut and vanilla caramel but I have not found these in the stores around me.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Many, many mornings I make a latte myself at home. I use Starbucks coffee and 6-8 ounces of skim milk. I use an ancient Krups expresso maker that can also froth the milk. Love that thing! I recently saw something similar at Target by Mr Coffee for $40.

But if I have regular coffee, I just use real half and half. It's only 20 calories per tablespoon and tastes so much better than all the artificial crap (to me).
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    Many, many mornings I make a latte myself at home. I use Starbucks coffee and 6-8 ounces of skim milk. I use an ancient Krups expresso maker that can also froth the milk. Love that thing! I recently saw something similar at Target by Mr Coffee for $40.

But if I have regular coffee, I just use real half and half. It's only 20 calories per tablespoon and tastes so much better than all the artificial crap (to me).

Great idea! I will be checking Target for that! Thank you :)
  • stamper1
    stamper1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am currently using Soy French Vanilla creamer, it seems to do the trick. If you need a little more sweet then I add the sugar in the raw so at least it is a little healthier than splenda or refined sugar. Coffee mate quit making my favorite creamer so I have been scrambling to find a new one. I feel that my coffee and creamer is one of my splurges for the day.
  • OmelissaO
    OmelissaO Posts: 42
    Options
    I have to have my coffee everyday no matter what. So I use generic fat free creamer (only 10 cals per teaspoon) and instead of sugar I use sugar free Torani syrup (serving size 2 tablespoons which is WAY more than I actually use and NO calories). There are a lot of different flavors, too.