I need HELP with Lunch choices!!!

Options
I always have trouble figuring out what to eat for lunch and even sometimes dinner. Anyone have any good lunch and/or dinner ideas? Any and all are greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

Replies

• autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    Bump!
  • girliegirl1822
    girliegirl1822 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    im hooked on poached eggs on toast for lunch at the mo:smile:
  • abray84
    abray84 Posts: 55
    Options
    Can someone explain to me what the bump is...lol...I'm out of the loop
  • abray84
    Options
    I love poached eggs. But how pathetic is it that I have no idea how to make them. :( I'm so embarrassed to say that!!!
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    "bump" is a way to keep the post in "recent posts" but also in "my topics" so you can come back and read it later.

As for lunch....I eat a lot of tuna, fresh veggies, apples, soup and salad. Probably not too new.
  • abray84
    Options
    ummm...Tuna sounds really good as well...Is there any particular way that you make the tuna?
  • Lulumaguloo
    Options
    Do you have to eat out for lunch?

At Wendy's I have the Ultimate Chicken Grill sandwich 370 Cals

McDonald's I have the Bacon Ranch Salad it is 260 cals before dressing and I use reg ranch which is 170

Also I've been going to the Hungry Girl website (IT"S GREAT FOR LOW CAL RECIPES) and I'm going to try to make the Faux Fried Chicken tonight I'll let everyone know how that turned out.

Hope this helped!
  • wingchunrick
    wingchunrick Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I take wholegrain pitta with humous and grated carrot to work. Its lovely and full of good stuff.
  • springstorm
    Options
    I had a really yummy, low calorie lunch today...

Tuna salad with tomatoes & onions on tandoori naan bread with Kettle Brand salt & vinegar chips and strawberries on the side. It was only 394 calories and I feel SO full. You can check out my food diary for today if you'd like. :)
  • Bethall
    Bethall Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I have a lot of trouble with lunch. I was so used to eating big portions--salad with chicken AND soup or a sandwich AND a salad that I was plateauing big time. I worked out like fiend, but was dumfounded that I wasn't down 20lbs. Haha. Anyway, my office at the university I work at does not have nor allow microwaves. It sucks big time, but I find that preparing a turkey sandwich on an Trader Joe's sandwich thin (100 cal.) with a snack--apple or yogurt is pretty satisfying. Instead of cheese, which is now a treat, I mix up the condiments. Trader Joe's White Bean Hummus is rocking, as is a little mustard and Laughing Cow Cheese. You only need a 1/4 or 1/2 a wedge. I also add shredded carrots, tomato and onion and lettuce for crunch. If I am bringing leftovers or soup, I walk across the street to use the bookstore micro.

If I buy out, I will always get a salad with chicken and sometimes feta, for a splurge. If I do not already know the calorie content ahead of time, I try to avoid it. Ex. You don't know how much cream is in the Chicken and Wild Rice soup, Tomato Bisque. Oh, a major tip is that I always bring my own salad dressing. Trader Joe's Champagne Pear with Gorgonzola has less calories per 2 tbsp. (60 or something) than plain olive oil and balsamic and tastes great. Because that 2 tbsp. is always so limiting!

Take care,

Bethany

P.S. I detest seafood, so can't help you with that.
  • abray84
    Options
    Do you have to eat out for lunch?

At Wendy's I have the Ultimate Chicken Grill sandwich 370 Cals

McDonald's I have the Bacon Ranch Salad it is 260 cals before dressing and I use reg ranch which is 170

Also I've been going to the Hungry Girl website (IT"S GREAT FOR LOW CAL RECIPES) and I'm going to try to make the Faux Fried Chicken tonight I'll let everyone know how that turned out.

Hope this helped!

No I don't have to eat out for lunch I am usually home.
  • springstorm
    Options
    I love poached eggs. But how pathetic is it that I have no idea how to make them. :( I'm so embarrassed to say that!!!

You should get an egg poaching pan! I am terrible at poaching eggs the real way, so my mom bought me one for Christmas. It's like a smaller pan that has a tray with four little pots on top. You put water in the bottom and put the eggs in the pots. Then you put a lid on it and it poaches them without all that yucky soupy watery mess. They're so so yummy and are exactly like real poached eggs.
  • rljohnson11
    Options
    My dinner choice is my homemade Mexican Pizza:
    I brown both sides of a whole wheat tortilla under the broiler and top it with 1/4 C of fat free refried beans, 1 chopped roma tomatoe and 1/2 a small avocado, chopped. Super yummy and filling thanks to the beans!
  • dimoul
    dimoul Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i mix up tuna with chopped celery, onion, and plain yogurt. Put the mix on good bread and put tomato and pickled jalapeno slices in the sandwich. I find that plain yogurt works as a pretty good substitute for mayo, has protein, and a lot fewer calories. Also try your tuna salad on tostadas with taco sauce or salsa.
  • plc765
    plc765 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I alternate between salad with grilled chicken on it, and pita bread with turkey and spinach. I also like a side of fresh fruit and cottage cheese. Yummy and filling!
  • abray84
    Options

Tuna salad with tomatoes & onions on tandoori naan bread with Kettle Brand salt & vinegar chips and strawberries on the side. It was only 394 calories and I feel SO full. You can check out my food diary for today if you'd like. :)

What do you use to make your tuna salad? I really can't do the miracle whip. I prefer the light mayonnaise.
  • abray84
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the ideas. Everyone is giving me such great ideas I want to make them all.
  • springstorm
    Options

What do you use to make your tuna salad? I really can't do the miracle whip. I prefer the light mayonnaise.

I usually make a lot at a time so I'll use two cans of Starkist Chunk Light tuna and probably four tablespoons of Miracle Whip, then I put in onions and celery for crunch. You can definitely sub out light mayonnaise for the Miracle Whip. Someone above mentioned using plain yogurt... I might try using Greek yogurt next time since it has so much protein. I'll let you know how it turns out!
  • abray84
    Options
    Great...I think I want Tuna for lunch now...yummm