Need Suggestions For Healthy Snacks/Drinks and Working Out

Options
Hi, I'm trying to loose at least 5-10lbs. within the next two months. My wedding is at the end of May and I want to look my best! I have no problem eating healthy meals, but my downfall is the craving for a Coca-Cola, hot chocolate or Caramel Frappucino. What can I substitute in place of these things? I've tried Naked juices, which I don't really like. I love chai tea and have been drinking ice chai tea latte's, but I know there is a lot of sugar in that as well. Also, any snacks under 100 calories? I can't seem to find much but maybe I'm just looking in the wrong areas!

Also, I'm looking for some good exercise tips. My weight is in my thighs, hips and stomach (like every other woman except the lucky ones!) and I need some good workouts that I can do. I work 9-5 everyday and don't have a gym membership, so anything I can do from home that has good results is a definite plus. I do yoga whenever I get a chance, but I don't feel like I'm burning enough calories although the workout is relaxing in itself. I do a lot of walking, but still...I need more. I feel like my stomach has excess skin and I'm not that overweight at ALL! I currently weigh around 135 but for my height, I should be more around 125/123. How can I trim down, quickly, with results? I've read tons of stuff online but I never know what to believe.

Thanks in advance to everyone :) I love myfitnesspal and it's been helping me track my calories very well. My downfall is sugar :) Help me cut back and loose the weight and get back to my normal self! I've always been between 118-125 and this is just not me. Some may say I still look skinny, but to me, this isn't where I want to be.

Replies

• leikelaferris
    Options
    Women's Health workout videos has a wedding workout DVD you can do at home. I haven't tried it, but I do another women's health workout DVD (cardio) and love it. They also have a 10 minute workout DVD if you are short on time. I borrow from my awesome local library, but they are also very cheap on amazon.com. I have the worst sweet tooth, and the only way I have managed to keep from eating too much processed sugar is to detox off of it, treating it as a drug. I don't know about everyone else, but one taste of processed sugar, even imitation sugar, and I want to stuff myself with it by late afternoon/evening. I survive by eating only natural sugars in moderation, honey, agave nectar, and fruit. Not very fun, admittedly, and if I fail I just start detox all over again. I look forward to seeing some better advice/answers too!
  • coloradodeb
    Options
    I also just joined this program and I am looking to loose about 10lbs as well and in a as fast as I can way:-) There are a few things I have been told to try and I will share them with you too. Greek plain yogart by itself I am not that fond of to be hones not sweet enough pretty silly I know. But if you have a sugar free straberry preserve add a tablesppon to that and it really is good I was suprised or add fresh blueberryies or strawberries if it's not to you likes add a little splenda. I also use splenda mocha flavor sweetner to my coffee not quite like starbucks but it 's ok. Nonfat cottage cheese is a good snack with fruit as well. Anyway, if you need some encouragement like I do add me as a friend and we can help eachother out. Good luck!!!! And congrats on your upcoming wedding:-)
  • choley222
    choley222 Posts: 57
    Options
    You could try coke zero to me it has the same taste as regular coke. As far as the frappucinos I'm not sure where you get them from but Dunkin Donuts, McDonald's and Starbucks all have lighter versions of things. I would suggest going on their website and checking their options to lower your calorie count. As far as snacksI usually do fruit, yogurt or a lowfat string cheese for my snacks. Another good thing that I love is vitatops all of their muffin tops are 100 calories or under if you get the sugar free ones. Exercises you could look on youtube for good ab and leg exercises. You could start with the basic lunge and squat then look up variations to them.
  • veggiemuncher12
    veggiemuncher12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I think Hungry girl has a swap for fraps... check her website/tv show if you haven't already.
  • veggiemuncher12
    veggiemuncher12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options