Dark Circles

Options
I have dark circles around my eyes...not just under my eyes but my whole eye! I look like Uncle Festus from the Addams Family! Besides makeup, does anyone know how to fix this? And yes, I get 8 hours of sleep.

Replies

• humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
    I have this problem too... and it has gotten worse lately! makeup doesnt do a good job of covering...
  • catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    BUMP BUMP BUMP!!!
  • choley222
    choley222 Posts: 57
    Options
    I have that problem and my doctor says it has to do with my anemia. I use under eye creams and they help a lot. Right now I am using one that has vitamin C added to it and it is working the best, I just can't remember the name of it right now.
  • annabanana05
    Options
    same here me too!
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    check your iron levels?
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Can be a lot worse/darker if you have poor nutrition... but its genetic for some people. nothing much you can do about that part :(
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I freeze spoons, and after I'm done washing my face I put the spoons on my eyes...I also use that caffeine eye roller with the cover up from loreal in the morning...it works pretty good, it's well worth the price.
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I had this problem when I was really stressed last year. I was also eating very healthy. Once I fixed the stress and started eating fruits and veggies it went away. I also take w omen's one-a-day metabolism multi vitamins and fish oil. Hope this helps....
  • catysthename
    Options
    I freeze spoons, and after I'm done washing my face I put the spoons on my eyes...I also use that caffeine eye roller with the cover up from loreal in the morning...it works pretty good, it's well worth the price.

What does freezing spoons do? lol
  • catysthename
    Options

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It's genetic for me. My whole family has deep set eyes. I use the Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Inspired by Carmindy (makeup artist from What Not to Wear) brightener. It's a pinkish concealer that you dab in the darkest areas. But you have to use it very lightly, or it looks bizarre.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It's genetic for me. My whole family has deep set eyes. I use the Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Inspired by Carmindy (makeup artist from What Not to Wear) brightener. It's a pinkish concealer that you dab in the darkest areas. But you have to use it very lightly, or it looks bizarre.
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    check your iron levels?

My iron is always on the low side, it's in my genes! I'll make a better effort to keep it up.
  • Breckgirl
    Options

Caffine Eye Roller? It puts caffine on your eyes?
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    It could be related to allergies, too. They're called allergic shiners, I kid you not. I have them even on my allergy meds. If you figure out a way to get rid of them, let me know!
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    I had this problem when I was really stressed last year. I was also eating very healthy. Once I fixed the stress and started eating fruits and veggies it went away. I also take w omen's one-a-day metabolism multi vitamins and fish oil. Hope this helps....

Stress is just a way of life for me right now. Work fulltime and go to college. But I could start with the vitamins.
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    I just realized that my cat, Ace, has dark circles around his eyes too. LMAO! They say you resemble your pet...he looks better in his dark circles than I do in mine.
  • lilRicki
    Options

put them on your eyes, and they fit because they're concave...it stops swelling and discoloration...kind of like putting cucumbers on your eyes during a facial
  • lilRicki
    Options

Caffine Eye Roller? It puts caffine on your eyes?

lol yes...google it, it works