Sore knees..doing something wrong??

Options
I have done the 30 day shred about 6 times now and I thought it should be getting easier but as it turns out its not. My knees are sore when I do the cardio(jumping jacks, jump rope, etc) and just in general too. Sometimes when I just sit down I can feel it in my knees even when I am not working out.

Am I doing something wrong? Are there stretches I can do to help my knees feel better? Is it just because I weigh 200lbs, my knees cant take it?
I really dont want this to cause me to quit. I actually wanted to try to do it twice a day but if my knees are going to be an issue then I cant do that.

Replies

• Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    A few weeks ago i was starting my exercising again and I had this problem!

I found that if i got some body cream and massaged it into my knee, applying slight pressure it eased off and i was ok for a few weeks.

It flight like i had almost a little bag of fluid under my skin as it felt liquidy when pressed

Hope this helps
  • KELM0710
    KELM0710 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    It doesnt feel like that, they just feel sore. Like I worked it too much but I havent really done much.
  • Hype
    Options
    Try and give them a massage and see what they do.

Also the only other thing i've known it hurt from is not having feet lined up properly or having the correct posture when doing exercises
  • Hype
    Options
    Try and give them a massage and see what they do.

Also the only other thing i've known it hurt from is not having feet lined up properly or having the correct posture when doing exercises
  • KELM0710
    KELM0710 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I will try rubbing them tonight to see what happens. I am pretty sure I have my feet in the right spots when I exercise. I dont use hand weights so I can focus on get posture right first.

If anything I will take 2 days off, I usually do stuff outside and around the house on the weekends :)
  • MammaCase
    Options
    i feel ya momma!! mine are too.. usually by the end of the night i dread walkign up the stairs to go to bed.. mine have been this way for awhile even before starting that.. so idk if you find anything out let me know.. :)