polar ft7

Options
About how many calories are you averaging with your polar? I get anywhere from 400-500 a day.

Replies

• MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I guess that would depend on what you are doing for excercise and how long you are working out. I have the FT7 and love it.
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    haven't started yet but what do you mean? do you wear it all day? or are you referring to a work out session?
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT7. I average about 550-630 calories in kickboxing classes (I am 5'6", 147lbs), about 550 in a personal training session (includes 10minutes on the elliptical, 5-10 minutes boxing in the ring and strength training), and I burn about 450 calories in 46 minutes on the interval training mode on the elliptical (Currently not running due to shin splints but I burn about 330 on a 31 min, 3.2 mile run).

The amount of calories you burn though really depends on your weight and how hard you push yourself during your workouts. I tend to push myself to the limit. However, I have my days where I just don't feel like working out and I tend to burn about 50-100 calories less on those days.
  • lawdhelpme2
    lawdhelpme2 Posts: 149
    Options
    I only use mine when I am working out. I go to Jazzercise so this should be about right. I only wear it when I am exercising.
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I average about 500 calories an hour with mine.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    An hour on treadmill with heart going 70% gives me just under 500
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    am anxious to see how mine works, might just take a quick walk outside to test it out, can't wait.
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Is everyone happy with this HRM? My BF and I just ordered these last night (a man and womens version). So hopefully they'll work nicely for us too..
  • mkskippy24
    Options
    Is everyone happy with this HRM? My BF and I just ordered these last night (a man and womens version). So hopefully they'll work nicely for us too..

I'm new to the whole HRM experience... and I LOVE mine. I don't notice it when working out, easy to clean, and easy to understand how it works!! I don't know how i ever worked out without a HRM!!
  • lawdhelpme2
    lawdhelpme2 Posts: 149
    Options
    [It is so easy to use, just wondering if anyone was burning like 1000 calories with it while I was in t he 450-500 range.

I'm new to the whole HRM experience... and I LOVE mine. I don't notice it when working out, easy to clean, and easy to understand how it works!! I don't know how i ever worked out without a HRM!!
    [/quote]