sugar....sugar....sugar

Options
I have no idea how people cannot want dessert after every meal! I have always craved something sweet but during the past few weeks, I have noticed a change. I can now eat a meal and be satisfied with one cookie. AMAZING what a little healthy eating and exercise can do for the mind. I know that I should really just eat a piece of fruit to satisfy this craving but....come on....really?

Replies

• MrsCupCakeBoyle
    MrsCupCakeBoyle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I only have desserts on christmas lol
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I am JUST like you! I have also noticed a change that what I used to crave has depleted. I have reduced my intake of regualr sugar AND artificle sugar so they cravings are now minimal and i can satisfy them with sugar free fat free jello! Its awesome and it feels wonderful!!!
  • tkslp
    tkslp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My weakness is sugar too! But since I have been eating healthier and exercising, I have noticed a curb in my cravings as well!! Such a good feeling!!
  • BethG39
    BethG39 Posts: 17
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean!! Sugar is my #1 vice but I did a cleanse a few months ago that really helped me with that craving. During the cleanse we didn't have any caffeine, animal products, gluten, alcohol, or sugar for 30 days and the hardest part for me was the sugar. If I'm having a sugar craving I don't find that eating fruit really helps ~ a piece of chocolate or a little cookie does the trick for me but I don't feel like I need something every night anymore like I used to.

Good luck!
    Beth
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I eat a snack cup of sugar free jello pudding after dinner...it's only 60 calories and so yummy :)
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I Know exactly how you feel :o) I was raised on desserts or little treats after meals! I've started to become satisfied with sugar-free options but my favorite sweet treats are the sweet ones prunes, they're surprisingly moist and sweet. Opening the little individually wrapped prunes combined with how sweet they are tricks my brain into thinking I'm getting a treat. I'm also a fan of jello's sugar free puddings. Good stuff! I know how ya feel for sure!
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm always about 10-20 grams over in my fiber and have noticed that I have absolutely no sugar cravings at all. That said, however, fiber does not help curb the HABIT of reaching for sweets. That's an entirely different matter lol!
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    For almost two years doing WW, I would have a little WW cake after I ate, it was on my plate with my food. lol. Bit now I try and stay away from Wheat, so don't eat those anymore, so I don't have desert too often less it's a bday or something mostly.
  • click
    click Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have serious sugar problems and it is the source of all the extra calories I eat (I otherwise am eating pretty damn healthy).

I recently started seeing a nutritionist and am spending a little over $1K to try and get this weight off, since I haven't been able to on my own, mainly because of the sugar.

Here's what I've learned that you might apply:
    1) You must eat 5x a day, period. It can be anywhere from 80-500 calories per instance as long as you eat more when you're more hungry and less when you're less hungry and stick to your calorie limit as much as possible
    2) You must start the day with slow processing carbs--try steel cut oatmeal 3/4 cup cooked, 1-2 T ground flax seed (omega 3's and fiber), 1 cup blueberries & whatever dairy you want to cream it up a bit; all in all it will only be about 300-400 calories and you need to eat it within 2 hours of waking up
    3) You must eat 5 servings of vegetables (3 cups leafy greens even ones that get cooked or 1 cup regular vegetables, starchy ones don't count like potatoes of ANY kidn don't count) and 3-4 servings of fruit (small pieces eg an apple or plumb vs banana and mango which count as 2 servings)

IF YOU MAKE YOURSELF eat those fruits and vegetables you will be so full you won't have any room for anything else, I used to read people saying that and didn't believe it but when I ACTUALLY did it for a few days my sugar cravings were much less and I really felt like I was allocated TOO MANY calories @1700. I realized I was just previously filling up on calorie dense foods, big time.
  • dimoul
    dimoul Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I use flavored yogurt to satisfy my sweet tooth. Fresh, ripe pineapple also does the trick. Way better than cake, ice cream, pie or cookies.