Post workout face wash?

Options
What do you use? I've been blessed with (mostly) great skin. It seems that now that I'm working out, I am breaking out here and there. Nothing major, but still. I shower almost immediately after working out, so it's not that I'm allowing sweat and grime to sit there. I typically don't use anything to wash my face because it dries me out, so I used to just rinse it with water. Any suggestions?

Replies

• nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Neutrogena wave - it's a little vibrating pod things that comes with little soapy pads. Makes your skin feel OH SO AWESOME :love:
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    AcneFree makes a sport cleanser specifically for this. There are wipes and a stick, I believe there is more in the line as well. I find it at Rite Aid.
  • Renise01
    Renise01 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I noticed that as I sweat more I break out more also! And it sucks! I've been using neutrogena transparent facial bar. Like you I don't want to put much on my face so about 4 days a week I use the with a light moisturizer and the other days just water! Hope you find something that works well for you!
  • ARound423
    Options
    if you're worried about your skin drying out try something gentle and mild like the dove bar soap. it cleans, moisturizes and is cheap compared to all the fancy facial cleansers on the market. plus for someone that normally doesn't use any facial products it's not loaded up with a bunch of chemicals that causes your skin to dry out to begin with
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I've tried many different cleansers and I love the Clean & Clear Morning Burst (with bursting beads)
  • plagirl227
    plagirl227 Posts: 134
    Options
    Try Cetaphil. It's moisturizing and non-comedogenic.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    If you wear makeup while you work out, that will be the cause of why you are breaking out... when you sweat it opens up your pores so dirt and makeup can slip inside your pores.. when you cool down it gets trapped in your pores because they close...

I would suggest not wearing makeup while you work out.. as far as face wash... I like clean and clear... costco also makes facial wipes... that I use before and after my work outs... they come in a little pouch and they are much cheaper than the neutrogena ones...
  • TamDTam
    TamDTam Posts: 115
    Options
    I do not use commercial cleansers at all... but whatever you use, I suggest you further use as toner ( I use PURE Witch Hazel, careful not to get the less expensive witch hazel-alcohol mixes)
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    This is what I use:
    http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?src_page=product_list.aspx&level1_id=300&level2_id=302&pdept_id=321&dept_id=0&pf_id=36581

And I don't breakout anymore since I've started using it in my daily shower.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I use Very Clear Problem Skin Cleanser by Derma E. (You can find out more about it on their website: http://www.dermae.net) It has tea tree oil and has really helped clear up my skin.
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    If you wear makeup while you work out, that will be the cause of why you are breaking out... when you sweat it opens up your pores so dirt and makeup can slip inside your pores.. when you cool down it gets trapped in your pores because they close...

I would suggest not wearing makeup while you work out.. as far as face wash... I like clean and clear... costco also makes facial wipes... that I use before and after my work outs... they come in a little pouch and they are much cheaper than the neutrogena ones...

Such good info! I'm glad you posted this! I use the facial wipes but sometimes I forget and I end up working out in my make up (which I hate!) I didn't know that about the pores...I will definitely not skip washing my make up off before a work out again. This is the reason I have been breaking out so bad lately!

Thanks =)
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    right after my workout i just use a baby wipe 2 clean my face of any sweat or anythin. don't really wanna use a towel b/c the wipe i can throw away. so i make sure i carry some in a sandwich bag in my gym bag.

other than that i use a facial deep cleanser from the dollar store (b/c they're basically the same ingredients. make sure if u have sensitive skin that it's for sensitive skin) & a facial moisturizer that i got at sam's club (a little goes a long way with that 1 lol)

seems 2 b workin. i only had a few breakouts in certain places b4. now they seem gone :smile:
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I use Clean and Clear Morning Burst and I use a moisturizing bar. At the moment I've got an awesome goats milk bar that my sister-in-law gave me because i have really sensitive skin, but normally I use Dove. I don't moisturize every day, but when I do I use Olay and it works beautifully without being gunky or sticky on my skin.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    You also push sweat, oil, and toxins through your pores at a much higher rate during exercise so it's important to wash it way when done. Also, don't forget exfoliation. I use either Dove for men bar or cetaphil to wash. I'll use Neutrogena or a 6% benzoyle peroxide cloth (prescription) if things start to go south which usually happens in summer with all the dirty work outside.
  • gloriashaped
    Options
    I don't like any of the cleansers with chemicals cause my skin is super sensitive. i have been using the Stellar performance Post Workout Cleanser by motion medica. I have not had a breakout since using it and it dosen't dry my skin out. I found out about it on a fitness model website. It's a bit more money than the stuff i used to use but it's doing the job and i love it. I made a promise to myself when I turned 39 that i would take better care of my skin.