Thuuuunder Thiiiighs

Options
so I went bathing suit shopping today. Brave, yes. put on those bikini bottoms, and HOLY THUNDER THIGHS! the rest of my body is toning, my stomach is flattening, but WOW!
anyone have any good exercises I can do to get rid of them???? Especially inner thighs! Please, I dont want to have to buy a swimdress- I want a bikini! Lol.

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    lunchessss squatsssss kickbacksssss. google quad exercises
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    Thanks! What about inner thighs? do they work for those as well?
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    to get you started, while standing next to a wall (brace yourself with your hand) take the inner leg and swing toward the outer leg a few times. If you have ankle weights you can add them, but motion alone will get you started. Switch sides and repeat on other leg. This works the outer muscle. Then take the outer leg and raise outward (like a standing split) this should work the opposite muscle group. I might be wrong which motion works which muscle but each does work a different one.

If you have access to some kind of resistance band or gym equipment, you can add that too with those motions. They do make a mahcine for this but I forget what it's called. I used it years ago, and with repeated use it really did help. You can also do front and back lifting motions as well to get a full thigh workout.

Good luck!! At least you're brave enough to even think about a bikini :) No matter how toned I am (have been) I'd still run the other way lol

You'll get there!!
  • Renise01
    Renise01 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Over the years I've done various workouts and they best I can tell you is get to squatting, and running! I am not big on running so as a pp said, squats and lunges are gonna work minor miracles but only if you are also getting cardio. Your thighs are muscles and personally I think making muscles smaller is WAY harder than shedding fat!
    Oh and YAY for trying on the bikini :-)
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

lunches?:laugh:
  • faeryluvr
    faeryluvr Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Inner thighs it's definitely squats & running. Lunges help too, but they primarily target the back of your thighs.
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    It's your body type so some people are just heavier in their legs - i'm one of them. You cannot lose weight in 1 particular place - you have to lose the weight all over. And my trainer says if you use weights on your thighs, you'll just bulk them up. use your normal body weight.

Jillian Michael's has 1 awesome exercise called scissors. lay on your back, hands on the sides, legs 18 inches off the ground & cross them... left foot over right foot, then right over left & just focus on using your legs to hold your legs up vs your back. you have to push your abs into the ground to keep good posters.. those get me sore. and just keep shedding pounds via diet & cardio
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Try jogging and try to use really long strides... longer strides use muscles higher up in your legs. Also, try plea (sp??) squats... it's a basic squat, but you spread your legs a little farther and point your toes out, it'll really work your inner thighs... for added perks, try them on your toes!
  • tessastiltner
    Options
    Have you tried Pilates? I love it and its awesome and tough! Give it a try...you can take a class or buy a dvd at WalMart for $10 that's really good. My son is a college baseball player and he started doing it with me during his Christmas break and has gotten a lot of his teammates doing it also. You can also get a small Pilates ball that is get to work with.
  • dalscruf
    dalscruf Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Squats- Scissors- Running!
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    Wow, thanks so much guys!
    I recently bought 30 day shred and I've done level 1 quite a few times, and I think I'm ready for level two, she does a lot of lunges and stuff. I've never been a big runner but I've been tempted to try running outside around my campus.
    and as far as the bikini? I'm trying to be optimistic, but I dont think it will happen.. maybe a tankini? Lol. I used to wear bikinis all the time, but the past couple of years I've been the one parading around in a one piece with cloth shorts. I'm going to be 21 this summer, and I'm determined :)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I will tell you jogging trims almost any body types legs. I had thick legs working out hard doing step and the step climber. Well, I decided to start jogging and my legs slimmed way down to where I was more than happy....give it a try it really does work. Even a slow paced but long distance jog does the trick.