Anybody else have knee/leg issues?

Options
Okay, so I am doing plyometrics, running, biking, and weight lifting. My problem is, the inside of my right thigh, including just inside my right knee, is killing me. I have been taking a muscle relaxer 1-2X a day and some Advil, but I'm still in pain. Anybody had this injury? Will massage help significantly? I am gearing up to do ChaLEAN Extreme next week when it arrives, so I want to get rid of this pain ASAP!

Replies

• gagster
    gagster Posts: 12
    Options
    I had inside knee trouble. I went to a store that sales tennis shoes and they had me to get on a treadmill and watched my walk on a monitor. My ankles turned to the inside. That is the cause for the inside knee pain. There is a special tennis shoe to correct that. When you exercise you have to be very careful not to bend your knee farther than the end of your shoe. I have been really watching and the pain has gone away. Hope this helps you. You may already heard this info. Good luck.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Cut out the high impact workouts (plyometrics, running, etc) for a few days and see if that helps. If not, see a doctor. It could just be a sore muscle from all the impact or it could be an injury.
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    I have two bum knees from 20 years in the grocery business. I have no cartilage under my knee caps. Basically bone against bone. Every three months, my ortho doc injects this artificial cartilage into (and under) my knee caps. I've been doing this for several years and so far so good. I really do NOT want two knee replacements and this is helping me put it off for awhile. Go to a good orthopedic doc and have him x-ray your knees. He will be able to see what is going on. You are a little younger than me, so maybe you won't have anything serious going on. I had a really physical job for a long time and I really trashed my body. Get it checked out, so you know for sure whats going on. Good luck and let us know!

Edited to add: My doc has restricted me to absolutely no squats or full on running. Your doc will tell you whats going on with you.