me over time

Options
hroush
hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
Here is my adult life (essentially) in pictures. I was an overweight / obese kid and was 280 lbs. when I left high school.

In the beginning, there was fat and a lot of it. I knew I was fat, but didn't truly realize by how much. I seriously thought when I started to lose weight if I hit 250 I'd be ripped :laugh:

1/10/04 - 288 lbs.

11004-1.jpg

* I've never done the slimfast diet, my mom was helping a friend promote it.

In the summer of 2005, I had to pay for membership to the YMCA on my community college campus because I wasn't taking classes and I wanted to continue to play water polo (you can guess how good I was at 280 lbs). Anyway, I figured I might as well get my money's worth and started working out 4 days a week. I lost 2 lbs a week that summer and decided to give up pop since I knew I was only drinking empty calories. At the beginning of the fall semester, I was 255 lbs and decided to join a spin class twice a week as it sounded like fun. I continued to lose 2 lbs a week until January when I hit 210 lbs.

31707.jpg

I moved on to my undergrad and pretty much quit working out, but didn't eat any better. Moving on to my grad school and in with my wife, I became even more sedentary, causing me to balloon back up to 240.

11009-frontedited-1.jpg

11009-sideedited-1.jpg

I had always known that I didn't want to look like my original picture, but I quit doing something about it. I developed my motto, to eat half of what I could. This helped me to lose some of the weight again. I looked into spin classes at my grad college, but they didn't have any that fit my schedule, so I volunteered to teach my own. This semester I am teaching 2 spin classes a week and strength training 3 days a week. This is me this morning at 199 lbs; the first time I have had a 1 in front of my weight since the 8th grade.

31811-sideedited.jpg

31811-frontedited.jpg

I still have some residual fat around my stomach that I am trying to get rid of, but we'll see what happens. I have been losing a pound a week this year, so maybe I'll have to post an update in about 5-10 weeks.

Replies

• MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Good Job........
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209
    Options
    you've done really well:smile:
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Great work!!
  • javalette
    Options
    Wow! I'm inspired! I think it's awesome that you volunteer to teach a spin class. I'm not sure I'd have the guts to do that!
  • TulsaTim
    TulsaTim Posts: 87
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this... Very inspiring and I love that you took charge of saving your life. You didn't wait for someone else to teach the class or just use that as an excuse to not lose weight. You stepped up and did something about it. Thanks again for sharing!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! You look great and have done a great job!! Keep up the great work!!! Wow...that was a lot of greats!!! But really.........way to go!!!
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    wow! great job!
  • mariaaa2010
    Options
    great job!
  • zave
    zave Posts: 238
    Options
    That is impressive! Nice job!
  • B140
    B140 Posts: 56
    Options
    You've done a great job getting yourself back on track and volunteering to teach the spin class is only gonna keep you motivated. Good idea and congrats on your weight-loss success!
  • Brett_Alan
    Options
    Awesome man well done
  • chovest81
    chovest81 Posts: 99
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! thanks for the inspiration.
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Lookin' good!!
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Great work! And I love that you started teaching spin class since you couldn't find one you wanted. AWESOME!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,165 Member
    Options
    Good job for taking control of the situation instead of it taking control of you. You are a true inspiration and you are looking great too!:flowerforyou:
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Wow - what a difference! Great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!