May be a dumb question but I'm going to ask anyway.

Options
It seems as if everything on my body has loss many inches except for my calfs and ancles. They are the same as when I started. How do I get rid of the fat on them?
Power walking?
Certain excercises?
Running?
Help!

Replies

123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately there is no such thing as spot reduction. You can shape and tone them by doing exercises.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Lots of walking!
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    It seems as if everything on my body has loss many inches except for my calfs and ancles. They are the same as when I started. How do I get rid of the fat on them?
    Power walking?
    Certain excercises?
    Running?
    Help!

Ya know I remember a season or two ago on biggest loser there was 1 girl who had HUGE calves, and even as the show progressed they didn't seem to shrink at all. But at the finale they were tiny little legs. It's had me wondering how she managed that.
  • acobrien5
    acobrien5 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have what I call 'butch' calves and legs all together... the only things that have made a difference are pilates and yoga. Stretch them out.. think anything that makes you long and lean. It's a slow process but if you stick with one or both of those you will lengthen and lean out those leg muscles. Good luck!!! I know it's frustrating.. especially with all those beautiful BOOTS OUT THERE!!! arrrrggg
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    Unfortunately there is no such thing as spot reduction. You can shape and tone them by doing exercises.

This ^^. Keep doing what you're doing. Your body decides where the fat comes off first unfortunately.
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Calf Raises, lunges, squats. If you target those large muscle groups... You'll burn more fat and you'll get super hot legs. :) I've been kickboxing since last August, and those are things we do non stop. My legs have toned up a lot, and they are looking absolutely fabulous!
  • Clipickett
    Clipickett Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Its my opinion that excercising/toning is a living breathing animal and is always changing. As we get fitter, we will have to find new excercises to work muscles that once could easily be manipulated by other routines. I've noticed in my weight loss that I'm not losing consistently all over, its in places here and there. I' might look lumpy in the tummy one day and then a little flatter the next but my chest might be 'boobish'. LOL. the point i'm tyring to make is don't worry about it too much. Just keep excercising. But do be sure to include walking/jogging/sprinting for a short distance. Do a search for leg excercises and include them too.

I think a lot of people excercise with a few different methods and stick to that same routine. Mix it up, I've jogged everyday since joining the site, but as far as my other excercises go, I have yet to repeat any of those in the last 4 weeks. Mixing it up will target new areas constantly (including your calves/ankles). Try this for a month and see what happens.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Calf Raises, lunges, squats. If you target those large muscle groups... You'll burn more fat and you'll get super hot legs. :) I've been kickboxing since last August, and those are things we do non stop. My legs have toned up a lot, and they are looking absolutely fabulous!

I agree, and wearing stilletos longates your muscles :tongue: I wish I could wear them lol unfortunetly i wear runners and mary janes so my calves are very square
  • DaddyMantz
    DaddyMantz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I think weight comes off our body in the same order it goes on. We don't just get bigger in all the same places and we don't get smaller in equal proportions. We are all different genetically which is a good thing I think.

For me the last stubborn bit of fat is right below and around my belly button. Even when I was very overweight and over fat, my calves were skinny.
  • krd82
    krd82 Posts: 53
    Options
    @ LiL Ricki, I will have to try that and pray I don't fall on my face because I'm a barefoot, boot wearing girl, lol.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Maybe you just have great looking legs to start with.