Binge Eating...Help!

Options
Hi guys
Had a really great week with food and exercise but yesterday I had a really horrible day with food and couldnt stop eating junk!
Just wondering what anyone does to stop themselves from eating. Or what you do the next day to compensate?
Feel really gross today :(
Rosie

Replies

• stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too! However, when it does happen, I try to get in some extra exercise the next day, drink a lot of water (flushing out any excess sodium that was consumed) and stay busy. I often find I eat/binge when bored so I've taken up cross-stitch and puzzles and such because it keeps me occupied and I don't focus on eating.

Remember, 1 day of not making good choices will not undo everything you have done. Tomorrow is a fresh day with no mistakes in it. So, pick up where you left off . Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • chill0315
    chill0315 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have had to really work at not doing this over the last year, but we all fall off the wagon and feel guilty. For myself, I do not do anything extreme the next day to make up for it. I just get back on the wagon and work toward not falling off anytime soon. Good Luck and you can do it.
  • tulaniq
    tulaniq Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have a big problem with binge eating myself, and I have found that I have certain trigger foods (for me it's processed carbs and sugar) that tend to induce binging. Starting yesterday, I am eliminating those foods from my diet and so far I feel much less inclined to eat more/more often than I should, or eat those "bad" foods like candy, chips, etc.
  • Giovanni_P
    Giovanni_P Posts: 107
    Options
    were you doing the st paddys day thing yesterday? I ate so much corned beef that just thinking about it now makes me nauseous. I usually think about things I ate too much of.
  • Kudzu
    Kudzu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I've been that way lately........I get so disgusted with myself when I do it! :mad: Common sense tells me to get up and walk, run, clean, something other than eat that fattening, calorie laden THING....but I don't think common sense has anything to do with the binge eating!!! I am interested in what others have to say! :flowerforyou:
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    i agree with the previous poster. figure out why you binged first of all. then work to change that behavior. i also feel better if i do lots of water the next day, sodium doesn't agree with me.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    There is no EASY answer. I punish myself with extra exercise - double your routine for a few days if you can, and work off the rubbish, learn, and move forwards - one lost battle doesn't mean you lose the war...

David
  • hollycurran
    Options
    don't beat yourself up over it, you can get back on track!! i know whenever I have a few "bad foods" i want more and more and more, it's like awakening a beast (but that's because I'm a crazy binge eater!!) but when I eat healthy I feel so proud that I only eat bits of junk food. But it's ok to sometimes eat junk food, just remember that a few slips won't make you gain any weight, it's only if you do it all the time. good luck!!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Almost everyone sometimes has "one of those days". Put it in the past and forget about it, one day does not define you.

When Im going through a rough patch I have to go back to "just one day at a time". Every morning I promise myself that I will remain dedicated to my health that day only. Don't think past that day. Bob Greene (Oprah's trainer) had a quote that I have made into a sign and have it posted on my closet door in my bedroom (so see it as soon as I wake up), on my fridge, and my monitor at work.

I CREATE MYSELF WITH THE CHOICES I MAKE EACH DAY

Repeat as needed! Good luck.
  • tmorford
    tmorford Posts: 38
    Options
    I have a big problem with binge eating myself, and I have found that I have certain trigger foods (for me it's processed carbs and sugar) that tend to induce binging. Starting yesterday, I am eliminating those foods from my diet and so far I feel much less inclined to eat more/more often than I should, or eat those "bad" foods like candy, chips, etc.

Definitely avoid those trigger foods... identify them and avoid at all cost... that is usually what causes me to "lose it" Another thing that I haven't been able to master is having the ability to slow the roll... it is bad enough to over indulge at times.. it is worse to say the &$(( with it and make it 10x as bad for yourself.. that's me.. oh, why stop at one brownie.... I have goofed..might as well take it to the hilt and have some ice cream with the second brownie and then ..hey honey...let's order pizza tonight.. I am sure everyone has a similar story... soooo,, avoid the triggers and if you are going to give yourself a break/treat ... have it all planned out in detail and stick to the parameters..
  • traceybett
    traceybett Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I too have done this 3 times this week! the in-between days I ate very little trying to balance "borrow" calories, etc.
    I am soo mad at myself for giving in.

The only experience/advice that I have is to log everything and be honest. Having it documented might keep us from continuing it and encourage us to begin again and start fresh.

Starting right now, I am going to make smarter choices.

Good luck to you!
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds wierd but next time you want to binge, that really gross feeling you have today will remind you not to! LOL. It's OK to get off track. I actually just got back from a 2 week trip in which I really didn't watch what I ate, didn't work out, and def didn't weigh myself. I have not wi=eighed myself and don't plan on it for at least 2 more weeks. I am getting back into the groove of things. However, my tomach is having a hard time. It was upset all day yesterday. I think it is just trying to rid itself of all the crap I ate while I was gone!
    Get back on the horse and tomorrow is a new day!