I'm still hungry...

Options
I'm still hungry, I only have 50 calories to go, and I have 4 hours before I go to bed. My school gym on campus is closed so I cant go workout to gain some calories back. Should I eat or not?

Replies

• bethymay123
    Options
    You dont have to go to the gym to work out. Try walking for an hour or doing some cardio at home. Youtube has several videos that are ok. Also its ok fo go over every once and a while just dont make it a habit
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    If your fym is closed than do something at home or outside and earn some calories back then eat
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    It's your life, how much do you want to get in shape? Drink a load of water...
  • Poehlerbear1983
    Options
    You dont need the gym to work out....do jumping jacks, kick ups, push ups, sit ups, lunges, squats stuff like that to earn a few extra calories and then eat something with protien and fiber to keep full til bedtime
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm sure in walking from class to class today you've gained at least an extra 50-60 calories, so I'd look for something to eat that is high in fiber, low in sugar, good in protein and fat and is about 100 -120 calories.
  • chris1132
    chris1132 Posts: 58
    Options
    Or, you could just eat.... In my opinion, it is very important to eat when you're hungry, not just when some computer calculations tell you that you should. Listen to your body. If you're hungry, eat something! And then don't worry about going a little over on your calories. For one day, it is so not a big deal.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Take a walk, drink a bunch of water (it'll help you feel fuller) or eat some veggies... those are pretty low in calories. Hang in there... I know it gets hard. I HATE days like that! Sometimes I even go to bed early to avoid overeating.
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Veggies are very low in calories. You could have a fair amount for those 50 calories. Air popped popcorn is pretty low too. Also, like the others said, you could go for a walk or do stuff in your room.
  • Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    you should totally pig out on...lettuce! and nothing but lettuce you can have like 7 cups of lettuce with 50 calories its amazing!
  • hellen72
    hellen72 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    4 hours is a long time to last
    Agree on water and lettuce, also cucumber
    However if u still have 4 hours to go u may need more so do some exercise. You don't want to get in the habit of going over
    Alternatively u could have an early night?
  • ChristineM1953
    ChristineM1953 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Or, you could just eat.... In my opinion, it is very important to eat when you're hungry, not just when some computer calculations tell you that you should. Listen to your body. If you're hungry, eat something! And then don't worry about going a little over on your calories. For one day, it is so not a big deal.

Great advice!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    if youre hungry then eat, and if you go over a little, then make up your exercise tommorow x
  • BerniceB
    BerniceB Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Put some music on and dance, dance. Another thought is to drink some hot water in a cup. And one more thought is to cut up some vegies and put them in a fry pan with soy sauce. I like celery and I water the soy down a bit. I get to crunch and crunch for a small amount of calories. I know how to talk about this stuff but I am just starting to work on losing weight again!Good luck.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    half an apple and a big glass of water? Personally I'd have the whole apple -- fifty over is no big deal and you could take a walk or dance around a bit if you feel you need to burn some off. But if you ARE hungry... eat!! (a little)
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Drink some flavored water..It will fill you up plus it taste sweet so you dont have to worry about the cals

5601544.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Ashtarot
    Ashtarot Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm still hungry, I only have 50 calories to go, and I have 4 hours before I go to bed. My school gym on campus is closed so I cant go workout to gain some calories back. Should I eat or not?

I just went to look at your food log, you have already worked out today and have just over 600 cal you can eat. I don't think having a 100cal to 300cal snack/meal is bad, go eat something.