Mmmm... Donuts

Options
Kolohe71
Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
Prior to starting MFP I would stop EVERY morning on the way to work for a coffee and a couple of donuts, and since then I have actually changed my route to (and from) work to avoid the temptation.

That was 3 months and 17 lbs ago.

For about the last week the craving for a donut has been driving me crazy, so this morning I decided to give in to it. I knew that I would have to put in extra time on my workout tonight to make up for it, but I figured once every few months shouldn't hurt. As long as I didn't revert to my old habit.

I took the old route to work this morning and pulled into the driveway to find the the old donut store had gone out of business! I guess someone, somewhere is trying to tell me something. Now I find myself sitting here eating a banana, but still dreaming about a donut.

Replies

• suejake11
    suejake11 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That is SO funny! Maybe you were keeping them in business!!! :)
  • chantalicious
    Options
    People bring donuts in to work all the time and since starting MFP I've never had one. But today man the craving was killing me so I decided to indluge but....I only ate half :)

If you're thinking about that donut I say visit somewhere else and get your craving over with, you don't want to end up binging at the end of the day.
  • michelle4271
    michelle4271 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Awwweeee, been there at some point in my journey!!! Thank your guardian angel? You probably wouldnt have been too happy with yourself anyways after eating it, I know I have found that out for myself in the past too. Perhaps if you have to give into the temptation (sometimes its better than eating everything around you cuz you're not satisfied) you could take just one bite and throw the rest in the trash? good luck, and GREAT JOB
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    its a sign, meaning u werent meant to it 1 lol:smile:
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    HoleyDonuts.net

They are pricey but if you have a sweet tooth like me they are worth it now and then. They are sooooo good.
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Haha, I've had a similar experience. I was going to treat myself to McDonalds (ok, that sounds SO wrong... treat and McDonalds in the same sentence... anyway) I pulled in, walked to the door and noticed their interac wasn't working and I had no cash. So, I ended up at Tim Hortons having soup and a chicken wrap. Someone out there is looking out for us :D
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    That is SO funny! Maybe you were keeping them in business!!! :)
    LOL... That was my thought too!
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    HoleyDonuts.net

They are pricey but if you have a sweet tooth like me they are worth it now and then. They are sooooo good.

OMG...They look AMAZING! Thanks for the link.. (i think.... lol) may end up ordering some of these bad boys :P
  • DaveNix
    DaveNix Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Now I find myself sitting here eating a banana, but still dreaming about a donut.

I lol'd.

My personal opinion is that ultimately YOU have control. If you absolutely HAVE to have a donut, have one. And don't mess around by getting a weak *kitten* donut that may be slightly "better" for you....have a friggin donut. Satisfy that craving.

Then pay for it. Was that apple fritter really worth the 40 minutes of running? Probably not. Eventually, through Pavlovian response, your donut cravings will become less and less frequent, or you will become a marathon runner out of necessity.
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options

Was that apple fritter really worth the 40 minutes of running? Probably not. Eventually, through Pavlovian response, your donut cravings will become less and less frequent, or you will become a marathon runner out of necessity.

Ahaha.. thats awesome....
  • dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    Definitely a sign....or maybe you were the one keeping them in business...lol. Anyhow, you are ultimately the one who has to make the choices in your new lifestyle. No one ever said that we're giving up our favorite things forever. However, if we decide to indulge...it must be a conscious decision...met with restraint and a sober mindset so that it does not set us off on a binge. Congratulations and best wishes!
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    HoleyDonuts.net

OMG...They look AMAZING! Thanks for the link.. (i think.... lol) may end up ordering some of these bad boys :P

I promise you'll be completely satisfied with just one, they are great! I eat a couple a week and they work into my diet really well. Also, sign up for their mailing list. They are always running specials so you can get them cheaper.
  • roggie49
    roggie49 Posts: 1
    Options
    BRAVO! God works in mysterious ways, doesn't He? I'm so proud and happy for you. Keep on with those bananas.
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Then pay for it. Was that apple fritter really worth the 40 minutes of running? Probably not. Eventually, through Pavlovian response, your donut cravings will become less and less frequent, or you will become a marathon runner out of necessity.

Best advice I've heard today!
  • Poy_Ella
    Poy_Ella Posts: 23
    Options
    Oo yummy I really fancy a doughnut now! I might have to pop into Tesco next week and get me a Krispy Kreme! :D

I'm weak, I always indulge my cravings!
  • MotorMowth
    Options
    You are AWESOME! Thank you for the afternoon giggle. I really needed it. :-)
  • mrsdstarks
    Options
    LOL!
  • ERapp01
    ERapp01 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Certain craving I can give in for a special occasion. Then I go to the gym for some extra time. I have learned that potato chips can’t come into my house. I eat the whole bag, same day, so sad.

E
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Weird! That happened to me the day before I started on MFP. I was thinking, "I should just go get fast food. It'll be my last value meal for as long as I can make it (hopefully ever, god they are so bad for you)." I let my Magic Eight Ball app decided if I should stop at McDonald's. "Don't count on it," it wisely told me. Then I decided I'd go for the "healthier" (...no comment) option of a chicken sandwich from Popeye's. They were only accepting cash, and I had none. I came home and had an amazing homemade chicken salad instead.

Isn't it crazy how easily we can convince ourselves to do things we know we shouldn't?
  • RedE4Change
    Options
    Now I find myself sitting here eating a banana, but still dreaming about a donut.

I lol'd.

My personal opinion is that ultimately YOU have control. If you absolutely HAVE to have a donut, have one. And don't mess around by getting a weak *kitten* donut that may be slightly "better" for you....have a friggin donut. Satisfy that craving.

Haha! Love it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!