calculating and eating BMR

Options
What if I am, for example 55kg and I calculate the BMR of a 50kg person of my height and gender and then eat the 50kg person's BMR calorie intake everyday- will I become that 50kg person? I know weight loss this way would be very slow but I think that, if it worked, it would be a healthier option than doing a 500cal a day deficit (which is too much for a person of my height who only weighs 55kg).

I'm not trying to lose weight, I'm just curious. My biggest goal here is fitness and weight maintenance.

Replies

• AngelicaDulas
    Options
    If you're not trying to lose the weight in your goals section you can set it to Maintain- i.e. just the right BMR for you. It shouldnt show you having a deficit at all! :) Not sure what you're asking really...
  • juliedk
    juliedk Posts: 9
    Options
    ok, i don't have any medical background or personal trainer experience BUT i just started a weight loss class ....
    basically she reduced it down to math .....
    find your bmr .... DON'T go below 1200 cal/day (your body will go into starvation mode) ... and exercise ....
    a pound = 3500 calories ...
    my bmr is about 1800 ... so i burn an extra 600 cal/day by doing nothing ... now if i exercise i will do much better (plus feel better) .... i just did the math (like right before i read your post) .... i need to exercise for 350 cal/day to lose 16 lbs by vacation ...
    i think, based on your question, you need to think of it differently .... yes, that MIGHT work but will take a LONG time ...