strech marks

Just wondering if anyone out there has strech marks on their stomach? I feel like my stomach is destroyed because I have some small ones on my stomach and I'm losing weigh and 12lbs away from my goal weight wondering when I hit it will the fade or reduce somewhat!

Replies

• qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Bio Oil is great for them but it takes time for them to fade while using it
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Girl, my stomach is TOTALLY destroyed with horrible stretchmarks from a pregnancy 13 years ago. Be happy you only have small ones. Bio Oil does work good for small tiny stretch marks...
  • dancinblonde0099
    dancinblonde0099 Posts: 118 Member
    I have been told Vitamin E works. I tried it for a while but got lazy and haven't used it. I need to try again.
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Girl, my stomach is TOTALLY destroyed with horrible stretchmarks from a pregnancy 13 years ago. Be happy you only have small ones. Bio Oil does work good for small tiny stretch marks...
    ditto times 3 :) I'd glady trade down to "small ones" lol
  • Shawna0101
    Shawna0101 Posts: 76 Member
    Yup I have them too, mostly below my belly button (which looks nothing like it did pre-pregnancy) and some on my boobs and on my butt. I figure I am stuck with them. I am not willing to spend the money on Bio Oil considering my strech marks are not little and it wouldn't likely do much for them. Sorry I couldn't give you a better answer.
  • Just wondering if anyone out there has strech marks on their stomach? I feel like my stomach is destroyed because I have some small ones on my stomach and I'm losing weigh and 12lbs away from my goal weight wondering when I hit it will the fade or reduce somewhat!

Avon's Solutions Stretchmark 24 Line Reducing Treatment is fantastic (I sell Avon ... you can buy it at www.youravovn.com/BrittaOConnell - free shipping if you use code "FSANY" at check out). My sister in law has used it all through out her pregnancies and her stretch marks from her first pregnancy went away and no new ones have developed! You should try it!
  • chovest81
    chovest81 Posts: 99
    :frown: I have a 6 year old and 4 year old twins.....i did okay at avoiding stretch marks the 1st go round but the twins did me in. My belly fat has earned me many comments like "when is your baby due" and now that i have managed to lose 20lbs.....my belly looks like a balloon that has been blown up and deflated several times.....i think that the stretch marks look worse now because the skin is loose.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    mine r faded, cant remember when they did though:smile:
  • After two kids I have some bad stretch marks, I am currently using Bio Oil as well and it is slowly improving them! I dont think there is much else you can do! Bio Oil is great because its got the Vit E and other types of oils that help sooth skin in there, plus you can use it on your cuticles! Also as a hair smoother (like those sleek and smooth type hair products). Kinda expensive but not if you look at how little you need to use to get the job done! Good luck with getting rid of those pesky things and good luck with your weight loss!
  • Hi hon i have been struggling alone with this for nearlly 20 yrs and thought i was the only one, im only 39 had twins at 19 and they were really big babies, im only small so my whole stomach is litterally covered, I have never seen anything like it they are so bad, I can never wear bikinis or even batheres as my thighs are covered as well. I have just met a guy whos is a bit younger than me and I keep giving him excuses why we cant go ou with himt and I really like him but am too embarassed incase we get intimate and yeah over the years i have let so many nice guys slip away because of this. So youre not alone honey and the best thing is neither am i but it sucks:((
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    try buying the vit E gel pills which are not expensive at all break open the pills and use the oil i have had horrible scars that have faded using it
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    after 4 children, i have stretch marks everywhere.... they will fade over time, maybe a little faster with vitamin E, but they will never go away.............sorry, no better answer. There's always laser surgery if you can afford it!!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    I'm sure you can tell by the replies that you aren't the only person with stretch marks.

Personally, I don't care about them. I was proud to be lucky enough to get pregnant, I am proud of my weight loss and the stretch marks are a part of my life and I have accepted that years ago. I will still wear that bikini on my closet door next year, stretch marks & all.