472 needs to be 220

Options
Hello Everyone

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Vibrant which I felt was a far better phone than my WM6. I enjoyed it so much that I added the Samsung Galaxy Tablet. After all we all want to learn new things. So why am I telling you this you say?

Had it not been for the Samsung Galaxy Vibrant I would not have purchased the tablet which in turn allowd me to find this site. I downloaded the myfitnesspal app because I needed help with my weight.

I started a calorie restricted diet on Jan 1st @ 472 lbs. Being 6'3" and 472 made allowed me to define myself as being as tall as the Empire State building and as wide as an aircraft carrier. Not a good way to tell someone how you look, let alone how I saw myself either.

So I decided to do something about it Jan of this year. I am now 459 and can feel what losing 13 pounds has done. I just need to continue with what I am doing. Based on that, I need to ensure I stay with the reduced calories. That way I can still eat what I like but less of it.

Now that I have the myfitnesspal app on my Samsung Tablet, I can easily monitor my consumption of what I like and ensure I don't go above my recommended daily calories.

Thank you for this program ... it has taken a load of my mind, in addition to my waist. I will use this program faithfully and after 30 days, I will surely have some suggestion to help improve it.

That is it ... I may just get another Samsung Tablet for the wife too so she can monitor her calorie levels. Great program, keep it going.

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Welcome. We are glad you found us!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    They say everything happens for a reason! WELCOME and we are so glad you came!

I wish you great success on your continuing journey!
  • Kristy085
    Kristy085 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This site is the only site/app that I have found that actually produces results! Good luck on your journey!!
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: Congrats on your great start. I too dowloaded the app when I switched to the Evo!
  • geri25
    geri25 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    welcome i lov this app
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 13, and we're happy you're here!
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Welcome to a site that definitely has the ability to change lives! I've lost nearly 35 pounds since September. I've had some ups and downs but because of the support and friends I've made here I might be losing slow but I am not gaining it back.

I wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey! Feel free to add me as a friend if you are looking for additional support!